Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a large bill for new clutch, timing belt, water pump, major service, MAF amongst other issues, have now got yet more issues on the car.

Coolant leak- going in for investigation next week
Misfire -again investigation next week (just had glow plug relay done so not that)
Possible gearbox issue- whining noise in 1st- 3rd

It was cheap, but can't keep throwing money at it. Considering part exing for a 1.4 HDi 207

Really just had enough now, I've hardly driven it, it had FSH but beginning to wonder if it was genuine :(

It's an 06 with 88k on it so wouldn't have expected all these issues, methinks I bought a lemon :(

D

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a car that was not looked after alright. Did you buy private?

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a motor trader in Rochdale but small set up and he's not taking any responsibility for it, so have contacted trading standards. They'll have a word but can't see that doing a lot of good to be honest because he could just shut up shop but worth a go anyway. Also have some comeback as I paid on credit card.

To be honest, I do like the car I didn't mind spending the money initially but not to do thing after thing after thing. There has to be a cut off point and really if I am looking at head gasket then that's it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it was near the Suzuki Garage.

Took it up to my dads earlier, loads if white smoke on start up and it decided to go into limp mode. Got towed to my local garage courtesy of Dad, the car is there and I'm searching Autotrader!

·
11,780 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car, but think twice about the 207. Someone else asked about these this week and Chopper put forward some good reasons why to avoid.

D

·
0 Posts
The 207 was voted as europes most reliable secondhand car a few years ago. Don't know what you're all buying over in the UK.
The 207 IS a good car. I'd recommend one to anyone.

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 10 of 10 Posts