Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of buying one of these £70 planet interfaces from ebay, anyone got any advice about them, are they all the same? are they any good?

Assuming I get one, I would be willing to help other members in the Norwich area, I looked on the Planet Map and see the nearest to me is Peterborough hence my reason for considering buying my own.

Having sorted many,many problems on my 407 in the 6 weeks I have owned it, it's now at the stage I want to keep hold of it, but still seems to be going into limp mode(no turbo) on occasions. Restart and it's fine again, no codes coming up on my handheld reader. So thinking if im going to own this car for a few years, then a planet interface is pretty much essential!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm at Guist! So if you do get one I might head your way and supply some financial grease to your pockets if I need a scan done! Lol!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seen some on ebay auction going for around £50, so might try to get one in an auction rather than the £70 buy it now. Seen the china ones, but from past experience can take weeks to turn up!

·
Registered
48 Posts
sorry to jump in on this post
im also thinking about ordering one..(leicester)
what i woud like to know is are they as good as the sellers say they are??? and do they do as much as the originals??

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you dont want to try jim at easydiagnostics,
have a look at the aliexpress site from chinese factory they are dead cheap:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my Planet interface late last week and have tried it out with an old laptop(it has a blown screen so using ext monitor which is not convenient).

Got it talking to the car and found a few fault codes, but nothing new regarding my turbo problem. Guess it will be handy in the future though.

I've got a cheap laptop on the way with a working screen, so will have more of a play around to familiarize myself with the software once that arrives.

Intend to offer scans to others once Im confident in what Im doing with it, but if anyone local who knows more than me wishes to come and use it on their car and let me learn(or we can learn together) then you are very welcome.

·
Registered
298 Posts
if you need a different model to look at and test with then let me know..ill head over at some point and you can scan mine to see if the software reads anything different etc

·
Registered
235 Posts
hi

i brought 2 off ebay and they wouldn't work even after telling them and sending new interfaces so give up and brought one off a member off here so i know it works lol bit more than what you pay on ebay but i know this one works and wasn't brought off ebay IMO i would spend the little extra and get one of some one who knows what there doing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Silly question, have to changed the fuel filter lately, that will throw the car into limp mode if its dirty.
Had the same problem with mine last year, it had full Peugeot service history so i never looked at the fuel filter as the culprit, would of thought the main dealers would of changed it out at some time

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picked my £39 IBM thinkpad up and got the software installed. Spent the afternoon playing around with it!

It is talking to the car, found a few fault codes for things which appear to be working fine, door mirror sensors, multifunction display and a couple of others I can't remember.

I tried out the actuator test and it makes things happen, so that all appears to work on this lead.

It doesn't seem to want to make many changes to the settings, I successfully reset the service counter, but then tried to turn off the tyre pressure monitoring, it changes to absent, but then when you look again it has gone back to present, not sure if im doing something wrong?

I have actually pretty much sorted the problems with the car anyway, as well as the turbo issue it started coming up with depollution faulty message, which my handheld scanner rightly identified as 'air intake temp sensor' this had broken wire and replacement for £17 sorted it.

As for the turbo I have swapped the control solenoid with one of the ones at the front of the engine for the air intake control and it's now like a different car, been driving it like this for 3 days and no loss of turbo, seems more progressive and more powerful around the 3000rpm area. I intend to swap them back for next week and if the problem immediately returns then I think it will be conclusive I need to order a new control solenoid.

I do wish to play around with the planet/diagbox lead/software ready for future use and also once I know what im doing with it I will be happy to help others.

I did try to find out how much dpf fluid I have left but can't seem to find the right screen? Do I need to be using diagbox or planet?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think I found DPF in Planet this way - Parameters/Engine ECU/FAP - tells you how blocked it is (% and grams), mileage since last regen and additive level in ml. Told me I had 3000ml but I've heard this could be the amount used as opposed to the amount remaining.
As for TPMS I went in somewhere after much looking around and told it I had fitted 4 new wheels without tyre pressure monitors. Also went into BSI and made sure TPMS was absent. The warnings stopped the day after.

·
11,778 Posts
It doesn't seem to want to make many changes to the settings, I successfully reset the service counter, but then tried to turn off the tyre pressure monitoring, it changes to absent, but then when you look again it has gone back to present, not sure if im doing something wrong?
Its in more than one place that you need to deactivate TPMS.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Once you have made all the changes in the section, you need to press the F5 key to write the changes to the particular ecu before you leave the screen otherwise the changes are not committed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, Thanks for the help, I've had another 'play' today and starting to find my way around the software more.

The tpms is strange, the people I bought the car from warned me it would throw up low pressure alerts after about 20 minutes driving, but it never has! It's showing as present in the software and I also have a secondhand wheel/tyre I bought on the o/s/f front, Might have a play another day and try to get it re-configured.

I've found my way into the dpf fluid screens and attach a couple of screen shots for 'resetting the counters' as im only 'playing' to learn I didn't want to risk resetting and so didn't press the validate on these screens, but are they the right ones if I wish to reset in the future?

Used the software to check the fuel cap is registering present/absent, also I noticed the additive quantities had increased by 0.45 grams since yesterday, I refuelled last night, does this sound the right amount? How many grams of additive are present to start with? Just wish to get an idea of how much is left.

Getting soot loading reading of 52% and degree of particle filter soot clogging of 77%. Last regen 1388km ago. I will check these again next week and see if a regen has occured.

I've took lot's of screen shots of readings so I can refer to these in the future if/when I have problems with the car.

I did all this using Diagbox, have tried using planet 2000, but it doesn't seem to have many options, not sure if some are missing, I've attached a shot of one of the first screens when going into it, does it look right? I saw a thread on here where it said to go into replacement parts-new particle filter-reset counters etc, but I don't seem to have the replacement parts option.

Kirisute, if you fancy having a play with your car and comparing readings etc we will have to sort a meet up out.

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts