Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Not had my 407 2.0 hdi long, and very happy with it and was gob-smacked to pick a 05 plate up fo £1500. Its had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel and i have just serviced it has it was due. Its done 142k but has full service history up to 100k, the bloke says its had the tyre sensors removed because they played up a lot and were not cheap to keep replacing.
There is no faults showing but there are some things that need doing, i need to see if the dpf system is working, do i need to get planet and plug it in for that. Also it only came with one key which is tapped up but works fine , i have no key card so whats my best bet for a replacement key and fob remote.
The rear pads are getting low and the lcd screen fades after 40 mins but the trip meter screen also fades along with the main lcd screen. Apart from that its a nice car, i would like better town mpg so not sure if one of these better mpg re-maps work or are worth the money for the gains if any. All views and ideas most welcome.

J

·
0 Posts
Planet is best bet to fully check the DPF system.
Bettyswollocks can supply key code for a modest fee.
The buy new key off ebay and get it coded, but make sure its a full brand new key, i.e. not one to be recoded.
The 2.0HDI isn't a brilliant town car, mine isn't either. They are definitely better suited to longer higher speed runs :nod:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Planet is best bet to fully check the DPF system.
Bettyswollocks can supply key code for a modest fee.
The buy new key off ebay and get it coded, but make sure its a full brand new key, i.e. not one to be recoded.
The 2.0HDI isn't a brilliant town car, mine isn't either. They are definitely better suited to longer higher speed runs :nod:
:)Next bit of overtime and i will be getting planet, on the key front i take it that the key is coded what about the fob, how do i get a working replacement there. And this fadding lcd screen if i replace that, what about my tripmeter lcd will that still fade or is there any fix that works for them both. Surley if its such a main problem, why did not peugeot replace them. Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New key here: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace Just seen the comment not for uk models but plenty on here have bought from this seller, best to ask before buying.

Don't buy 2nd hand one waste of money they can't be coded twice.

As for both displays new ones I'm afraid common fault
:(Just phoned, no good for uk 407, said i need a local auto locksmith and would cost around the £150 mark :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
I believe some of the screens were replaced under warranty, but yours is a little past that. You can replace the MFD and code with Planet, but doubt that would help the other screen, unless they both take the same feed. Can't replace the one by the dials, well not from Peugeot anyway.

Do you want a 2nd key, or just a replacement fob? If the latter, you can buy an empty housing for less than a tenner and transfer your blade and circuit board across :nod:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe some of the screens were replaced under warranty, but yours is a little past that. You can replace the MFD and code with Planet, but doubt that would help the other screen, unless they both take the same feed. Can't replace the one by the dials, well not from Peugeot anyway.

Do you want a 2nd key, or just a replacement fob? If the latter, you can buy an empty housing for less than a tenner and transfer your blade and circuit board across :nod:
:)I wont a spare key and fob, just phoned a local auto lockmith and he will do it for £95 but will cost me another £25 if i dont have the key code plus my logbook which they take to peugeot to get code. I have searched the car and i can not find it anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts