Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi could anyone help? I recently took my 308 to mechanic as I had a misfire on cylinder 1 and an Obd fault code for thermostat heater control open cct. The guy told me the 2 faults were linked and that by replacing the tstat I would cure the problem. So I left it with him and had the work done, however he fitted a part which had 6 inlet/outlets instead of the 5 on the original part, he plugged the open inlet using an old piece of hose from a radiator and a wheel bolt jubilee clipped in place. He promised that it would hold and I’d be ok. I took the car away and within 10 mins of driving I had alarms all over the car saying engine overheating. I called him back but he was reluctant to help he just said that the plugs had crumbled in his hand and that I’d have to get some crimped in place, I went to a breakers yard and got new ones and changed the myself and also changed an ignition coil and the car now runs like new. But I do not trust the hose that he has put on the thermostat housing as a blanking plug. Whilst I know that this shouldn’t be there can anyone tell me if it is likely to blow off or has anyone seen this before? I really need help here as the guy will not have the car back and I will have to try to fix it myself. Oh and one last thing, he broke the splash guard off from under the engine and all he could say was well at least you can do an oil change now. Will I also need to replace this or will I be ok. I need this car to commute the length of the country so any help is most greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts