Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is Peugeot 308 SW 2015

One day I thought that will not bad to update SMEG to the latest version. This was a bad idea.

Before that action, I read many instructions, created a USB stick. System confirmed and allowed updating process. It seems all was fine. System few times reboot and continue the process. But...

But on "Phase 5 Creating the 3 SD partitions" updating stops or stuck.

Now I have always a blue screen on this step when my car is enabled. All control multimedia systems not working. I tried to disconnect the battery, but after this, I always stuck in the same Phase 5. I think my USB stick was wrong or other issues. But what is done is done.

I will be very appreciative of any suggestion or solution to this issue. Please help me.

·
Registered
732 Posts
How long did you wait? Did you try with another usb stick? Do you have usb stick in glove compartment? If yes, you need to remove it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long did you wait? Did you try with another usb stick? Do you have usb stick in glove compartment? If yes, you need to remove it.
I waited for over an hour, but nothing happened. There was no other flash drive in the glove compartment. Does it make sense to try with a new flash drive? If yes, then how to start it? Because for more than a week I have been driving with a blue screen even without any flash drive. If I take out the battery, then after turning on the car, it checks the process and again stops in the same place and all this without a flash drive.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well, you don't have anything to lose. Just try with new flash drive, smaller size, max 16gb and see if it will fix it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, you don't have anything to lose. Just try with new flash drive, smaller size, max 16gb and see if it will fix it.
Ok, I'll try. It just seemed to me that since it deletes the old SMEG system and did not have time to install a new one, it will not be able to read from any interface.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mara- I tried it with another flash drive, there is no reaction to this action. Maybe there is some special way to start it? It would be great if there was an opportunity to start the process from the beginning.

Maybe there are some other options or ideas for solving the problem?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am not aware of any special procedure to restart the process. I know that this unit has internal SD card. Maybe something corrupted on it. But I am not sure what you can do to fix it. Maybe backup content on it and format it and see what will happen. But this involves removing the trim below the screen, taking out the SMEG and dissembling it to access the SD card.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, how did you try it? Here is a member with similar experience and he says it restarted for him: Any solution on a possibly "bricked" SMEG+?
I read this topic too. The case seems pretty the same. But in my case no looping reboot. Always blue screen in Pase 5. Only after the battery was disabled going some checking process about one minute and stop on Phase 5 again. But I will try this way too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I read this topic too. The case seems pretty the same. But in my case no looping reboot. Always blue screen in Pase 5. Only after the battery was disabled going some checking process about one minute and stop on Phase 5 again. But I will try this way too.
I had a similar issue when I did my update to the 5.43 software version - blue screen stuck phase - i turned the car off, waited the 15 mins for the system to shutdown, disconnected the positive live terminal on the battery, left the car for an hour possibly 2 hours with the battery still in situ, reconnected the battery - with the USB flash drive in the port - turned the key, waited a minute, restarted the engine and the process restarted from the initial phase 1 step and then went on to complete the update. May be worth downloading the firmware again in case it's corrupted and I use 7-Zip to unzip (personal preference) - but i know it works - never had issues with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a similar issue when I did my update to the 5.43 software version - blue screen stuck phase - i turned the car off, waited the 15 mins for the system to shutdown, disconnected the positive live terminal on the battery, left the car for an hour possibly 2 hours with the battery still in situ, reconnected the battery - with the USB flash drive in the port - turned the key, waited a minute, restarted the engine and the process restarted from the initial phase 1 step and then went on to complete the update. May be worth downloading the firmware again in case it's corrupted and I use 7-Zip to unzip (personal preference) - but i know it works - never had issues with it.
I tried the method described above.

I turned off the car, unlocked the battery after 15 minutes, inserted the flash drive in advance, connected the battery a few hours later, waited a minute, started the car. At the same time, the display remained just black and did not respond, the side icons were not illuminated. The display did not turn on after waiting for about an hour and nothing happened. After turning off/on the car display was still black. After reconnecting the battery and removing the flash drive, the display turned on with the Peugeot screen saver.

When I inserted a flash drive, the display immediately changes to blue, and the process after the test will get stuck again immediately in phase 5. I tried it with different flesh drives many times.

I also tried to put a lower version of SMEG. In this case, I had a message about the impossibility of installation due to incompatibility media.info with a constant loop reboot of the system.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I tried the method described above.

I turned off the car, unlocked the battery after 15 minutes, inserted the flash drive in advance, connected the battery a few hours later, waited a minute, started the car. At the same time, the display remained just black and did not respond, the side icons were not illuminated. The display did not turn on after waiting for about an hour and nothing happened. After turning off/on the car display was still black. After reconnecting the battery and removing the flash drive, the display turned on with the Peugeot screen saver.
View attachment 93028

When I inserted a flash drive, the display immediately changes to blue, and the process after the test will get stuck again immediately in phase 5. I tried it with different flesh drives many times.

I also tried to put a lower version of SMEG. In this case, I had a message about the impossibility of installation due to incompatibility media.info with a constant loop reboot of the system.
View attachment 93027
I did see a comment in the SMEG Map update comments that you should do 5.4.B.R6 first and then do the 5.43..A.R2 - not sure if that's something you could try or have tried? Failing that, someone else may have better suggestions or ideas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did see a comment in the SMEG Map update comments that you should do 5.4.B.R6 first and then do the 5.43..A.R2 - not sure if that's something you could try or have tried? Failing that, someone else may have better suggestions or ideas.
Above I tried to upgrade to 5.4.B.R6 but in this case, I just received a message about the impossibility to do this and reboot.

·
Registered
201 Posts

Looks like someone else had same issue - you could try joining the C4 owners forum and messaging Raigar to see if he cured his SMEG+ unit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like someone else had same issue - you could try joining the C4 owners forum and messaging Raigar to see if he cured his SMEG+ unit?
Thanks Forest37! The issue seems identical. I’ve joined to C4 forum and wrote Raigar as you suggested. Hope he respond me soon.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I think at this point is worth to try fiddling with internal SD card. There is a video here how to replace it.

It is in French, but you can see everything he is doing, you don't need to understand him. He is cloning the card, but in you case, yours might be corrupted or out of space. Just get the new one, and see if firmware installation will recreate everything. Don't touch the old card for this attempt, buy new. If blank new card does not work, you can try to clone old card to the larger new card using software in the second video.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts