Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone has read my previous posts, I'm having a nightmare with this car, so I got it back from garage and was told one of my rear tyres was illegal on inside, so I've gone to my local tyre fitters who tell me that there's 3 17 inch rims and 1 16 inch rim, so I've now got 2 16 inch rims on the front and 2 17 inch rims on the back , as soon as I get half a mile up the road I get esp /asr system faulty , and abs braking system faulty? Anybody any ideas? I know it sounds ridiculous but any help would be great received as I'm seriously considering getting rid now, thanks

·
8,218 Posts
miss match between wheel speeds due to 16" and 17" rims is triggering ABS/ESP Fault all rolling diameters need to be the same

Reactions: trem1

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, so what your saying is I need 2 new 17inch rims for front? Think before it had 2 16 inch on the drivers side front and back and 2 17 inch on the passenger side if that makes any sense??

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You need to have 4 matching rims AND tyres. If the rolling circumference differs by more than a very small amount between wheels, it will trigger ABS/ASC problems.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its not the diameter of the wheels that matter you could use 16 inch and 17 inch on same car but the tyre sizes would need to be such that the overall rolling circumference of all 4 tyres is the same.

You were probably ok with the 1 wheel different as the system would just think you are cornering constantly but with 2 wrong readings it will throw a strop

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice , went to the scrapyard, managed to pick up 2 17 inch alloys for the front, fitted them, within a few hundred yards of setting off , the abs light went out, thanks so so much, much appreciated ???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again, just to add, after I've left the tyre place, within 30 seconds the abs light went off, however later in the day I went over a speed bump and the esp light came on, it went off when I switched ignition off, but it's come on intermittently a couple of times today ( the abs light doesn't come on it's just the esp light) , any ideas? Thanks for all advice so far !!

·
5,090 Posts
Esp but no abs ??? Be brake light s2itch

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi I put this on a different thread , was reading about another member who had a similar problem, I recently had my steering rack replaced and think my problem is to do with having a sensor recalibrate, thanks for all advice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts