Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
The fan that cools the radiator is not kicking in and my engine is overheating. It only cools down when I get it on the open road or if I'm in traffic I roll the windows down and crank up the heat.
An y ideas how to go about fixing this? Thanks

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
dgriff said:
Hi
The fan that cools the radiator is not kicking in and my engine is overheating. It only cools down when I get it on the open road or if I'm in traffic I roll the windows down and crank up the heat.
An y ideas how to go about fixing this? Thanks
sounds like the fan resistors coils showing open circruit.. simple job to replace.. surprised its not gone into limp mode..

any loss of power??

as chopper said, make and model will help..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scotcruz said:
sounds like the fan resistors coils showing open circruit.. simple job to replace.. surprised its not gone into limp mode..

any loss of power??

The only loss of power I experience is when I start her up (not necessarily just in the morning) I hear a squealing noise and there's very little power. I give it a bit of juice and after a few seconds the noise goes and we're back to normal. I dont know if this is related to the fan though.

The car is a 406, 1.8 litre petrol. Manual. 1998.

How do I go about replacing the fan resistor coils? Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Scotcruz said:

any loss of power??

how very dare you :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dgriff said:
The only loss of power I experience is when I start her up (not necessarily just in the morning) I hear a squealing noise and there's very little power. I give it a bit of juice and after a few seconds the noise goes and we're back to normal. I dont know if this is related to the fan though.

The car is a 406, 1.8 litre petrol. Manual. 1998.

How do I go about replacing the fan resistor coils? Thanks
Anyone know how to replace the fan resistor coils? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts