Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I have a 2004 XSi estate (2.0 petrol) and I have the (common?) problem with a loose internal pipe in the exhaust manifold, cause a really annoying rattling noise, mostly when accelerating. I live in Sweden and everything is well expensive here so here are my options,

Get peugeot to replace with a new one (400 quid for just the exhaust manifold so god knows how much for the fitting also)

Get a manifold from the scrappy (around 100 quid for the part) Two options here with the fitting, get a garage to do it or do it myself.

After checking haynes it seems to get the exhaust manifold out a drive shaft needs to be removed and the engine pushed forward a bit to free up space, Seems like a huge job, Has anyone managed this without pulling a drive shaft?

Last option, and the one i think may be best is to get the manifold on the car spot welded where the four pipes meet at the end of the manifold (where it attaches to the exhaust pipe)

I wonder, has anyone done the welding thing or had it done? I had a chat with a local garage and he seemed to think they may be able to spot weld without removing the manifold from the engine? Just disconnect the exhaust. Not sure if this is possible as it seems a bit tight there and maybe a fire risk?

Any input would be great as the rattling as starting to drive me a bit loopy and I cant afford to shell out 6-800 quid at a peugeot garage!

Cheers!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody??

Hi guys!

Anybody out there got any ideas on the best thing to do? After a lot of fixing on the car this is the last problem to fix so im dying to get it done! (without shelling out a fortune)

Cheers

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi guys!

I have a 2004 XSi estate (2.0 petrol) and I have the (common?) problem with a loose internal pipe in the exhaust manifold, cause a really annoying rattling noise!
Are you sure it's an internal pipe, and not the heat shield? I know my heat shield have been welded at some point in the past before i got it (same engine as yours) but it's loose again making that rattling noise

D

·
0 Posts
Common problem in the ew engine. There is a modified manifold available. Best off just live with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts