Peugeot Forums banner

The engine cranks over but won’t start, had low fuel

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Anafs 
#1 ·
Hi, bought a Peugeot 308 from 2008 a month ago, haven't drove it except to bring it home. Yesterday it said low fuel and The engine cranks over but won’t start.
Now, I have put around 8 litres that have got from the petrol station on a can, keeps saying low petrol. It barely moved the arrow beyond the red warning of empty tank.
I know this situation is silly, but since I can't drive, would really appreciate any advice so I don't have to call a mechanic? T.i.a.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply @reliable406
I have put petrol from a 5 liter can twice. I reckon the first time it had like 3 litres so in total I out 8 liters give or take. Went on to try and start but no luck. I have added just a pushchair to the trunk ?
A week ago, there was no problem. It would start and I'll have it on start for 5 min motionless as I don't have a license yet :(

#8 ·
Thanks for the further replies :)
I haven't done that. Don't know how.
However I tried again last night and the car started to do a clicking sound, then all the lights in the panels flashed and a red Stop sign appeared. I was trying to see if the lights went on when this happened :(
I think I killed my car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.