Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, bought a Peugeot 308 from 2008 a month ago, haven't drove it except to bring it home. Yesterday it said low fuel and The engine cranks over but won’t start.
Now, I have put around 8 litres that have got from the petrol station on a can, keeps saying low petrol. It barely moved the arrow beyond the red warning of empty tank.
I know this situation is silly, but since I can't drive, would really appreciate any advice so I don't have to call a mechanic? T.i.a.

·
Registered
15,120 Posts
The gauges can take a bit of time to register the proper level and if its not running it probably wont go up

Have you done ANYTHING else prior to it not starting even if you dont think its relevant

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply @reliable406
I have put petrol from a 5 liter can twice. I reckon the first time it had like 3 litres so in total I out 8 liters give or take. Went on to try and start but no luck. I have added just a pushchair to the trunk 😂
A week ago, there was no problem. It would start and I'll have it on start for 5 min motionless as I don't have a license yet :(

·
Registered
15,120 Posts
Ok next time you try to start hold both clutch and accelerator fully down and crank it till it fires the.n release accelerator I recon it's just flooded they dont like little runs they need driven

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the further replies :)
I haven't done that. Don't know how.
However I tried again last night and the car started to do a clicking sound, then all the lights in the panels flashed and a red Stop sign appeared. I was trying to see if the lights went on when this happened :(
I think I killed my car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts