Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some fecker has just drove straight across a give way and into me on the street next to my house. I went a bit mad at the poor bloke due to the possible fear of being off the road and not earning with three kids but soon calmed down and got three witnesses that all said it was his fault.

The damage isnt too bad but annoying all the same with a smashed bumper, bonnet, pushed back headlight and whatever underneath. I know even daft little prangs can right cars off these days so hope that isnt the case with this as i really like this car and have covered 20k miles in eight months without many issues.

Some pics

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nasty but as long as no-one was hurt and it was his fault ,by the way his wheels f*cked :lol:
It actually happened yesterday and hes admitted it was his fault to the insurance companies. Im getting a hire car tomorrow due to mine having a damaged headlight so in theory not useable.

C

·
0 Posts
Wowzers, glad you're ok though. Hopefully they'll rebuild it, but stuff like a new aluminium bonnet aint gorna be cheap. It's a bit worrying that the twot couldn't spot a car that size trundling along.

Glad to see the Corsa couldn't that up to the might of the anti-matter from which the 407 is constructed!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wowzers, glad you're ok though. Hopefully they'll rebuild it, but stuff like a new aluminium bonnet aint gorna be cheap. It's a bit worrying that the twot couldn't spot a car that size trundling along.

Glad to see the Corsa couldn't that up to the might of the anti-matter from which the 407 is constructed!
He had to wait five hours for a tow truck too which was like a little poetic justice! :D

J

·
0 Posts
I expect it'll be in the order of £2-2.5k to repair, knowing how insurers estimate things.... so hopefully, the car is still worth more than that :thumb:

BTW, just what happened to you is what wrote my 306 off, only it was a German on holiday and didn't look before pulling out into me as I was doing 40-45mph.... that wasn't quite such a lucky escape unfortunately.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I expect it'll be in the order of £2-2.5k to repair, knowing how insurers estimate things.... so hopefully, the car is still worth more than that :thumb:

BTW, just what happened to you is what wrote my 306 off, only it was a German on holiday and didn't look before pulling out into me as I was doing 40-45mph.... that wasn't quite such a lucky escape unfortunately.
Well the cars worth 3K max so it may even get written off as a cat D. Might strip my axtra bits off it before i take it the repairers tomorrow

·
5,043 Posts
oh dear this isnt good, but as has been said as long as no-ones hurt the rest is just metal and money.
hope its gets sorted out quickly and in your favour, will you be able to claim loss of earnings and stuff from his insurance??

C

·
0 Posts
I expect it'll be in the order of £2-2.5k to repair, knowing how insurers estimate things.... so hopefully, the car is still worth more than that
Not to make things worse but I've seen 56 plate 407's selling for £2600 last week.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh dear this isnt good, but as has been said as long as no-ones hurt the rest is just metal and money.
hope its gets sorted out quickly and in your favour, will you be able to claim loss of earnings and stuff from his insurance??
Yeah eveythings fine. Hes admitted liability and my insurance company have organised a hire car (60 plate Mondano estate) that im getting tomorrow and will be getting plated up and taxi mot'd for me tomorrow morning. Solicitors have been on already telling me how much i could expect from whiplash etc without even asking me if i had any! Not sure about loss of earnings though, not been mentioned as yet but it'll be only three days max anyway to not too bad.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to make things worse but I've seen 56 plate 407's selling for £2600 last week.
Thats what worries me as it wont take much to get to the 50% of value to write the car off! If it does get written off ill buy another 407SW anyway but it'll be a 2.0 hdi 136 this time. Besides id rather keep this one as its a good car

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thats what worries me as it wont take much to get to the 50% of value to write the car off! If it does get written off ill buy another 407SW anyway but it'll be a 2.0 hdi 136 this time. Besides id rather keep this one as its a good car
well if the worst came to the worst you could always buy it back and repair it now a few guys who have done that. Sometimes you have to wonder at insurance company thinking ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just spoke to the bodyshop and they estimate the damage at £2100 plus the car is now stuck in safe mode which will need rectifying. :eek:

Part of mes thinking thats the end of the car! :(

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spoke to the bodyshop today and theyve been given the go ahead to repair the car. :)

One thing im wondering though is will the insurance replace my aftermarket sports grill that was smashed in the collision bearing in mind its an official peugeot product?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts