Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything unexpected that is a "game changer" for you? Big or small?

I'm asking as I work from home which means my laptop and phone is all I need to be "home". With a son who plays a lot of tennis I often get dragged around as dad taxi and have donw my best to work at the clubs we visit. Some though are not suitable and I have to try and work in a car or with the tailgate up sat on the back, not easy. Well thats all changed....

If I flatten the front passenger seat its the perfect platform for my laptop if Im sat in the back. Bring down the arm rest and I have my coffee "bucket" holder. Plus I also have a power socket.

The whole set up is almost better than my desk and chair at home. If I close the door and windows its blacked out so can carry on work privately.

I'm loving my new mobile office :D :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Anything unexpected that is a "game changer" for you? Big or small?

I'm asking as I work from home which means my laptop and phone is all I need to be "home". With a son who plays a lot of tennis I often get dragged around as dad taxi and have donw my best to work at the clubs we visit. Some though are not suitable and I have to try and work in a car or with the tailgate up sat on the back, not easy. Well thats all changed....

If I flatten the front passenger seat its the perfect platform for my laptop if Im sat in the back. Bring down the arm rest and I have my coffee "bucket" holder. Plus I also have a power socket.

The whole set up is almost better than my desk and chair at home. If I close the door and windows its blacked out so can carry on work privately.

I'm loving my new mobile office :D :D
That sounds a real smart trick. Nice one... :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Noticed today when fuel got low that the low warning alert came on then the map showed me several routes to near fuel stations along with fuel prices. I've used 'Tom Tom' before but not seen this feature before. Very nice I thought.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I didn't know about that one, Paul. Thanks for that.

One of the things I like is when you've activated the automatic wipers and the wipers have automatically cleared the screen 5-6 times (I'm not sure exactly how many times as I've not counted them) the automatic lights come on. Very useful when it starts raining.

I've had many cars with Auto lights before that didn't do this and I know it's only a simple thing but if all cars did this it would avoid some people driving around in heavy rain with only their Daylight Running Lights on.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi there,

Lights come on at the end of the third sweep on my 508. Same when wipers switched to intermittent.
I think this feature should be mad as standard as a safety feature on all cars. Great invention!

I see a numpty driving up the A1m yesterday evening in a Renault Megan around 10pm near Stevenage just on sidelights. The offside bulb was blown too, so just one dim light to spot as he/she is hurtling up behind at a ridiculous amount of knots. Cretin!

Grumpy.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi there,

Lights come on at the end of the third sweep on my 508. Same when wipers switched to intermittent.
I think this feature should be made as standard as a safety feature on all cars. Great invention!

Grumpy.
I totally agree Grumpy. This is an important safety feature that should be on all new cars. Perhaps it's a Peugeot thing as your 508 does it. I wonder if any of the other models in the range have the same feature.

The lights may come on after only 3 sweeps on my 3008, I've never actually thought to count them before now. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised when it first did it and next time it rains I will try and see how many sweeps it does before the lights come on.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
On my recent Focus the lights would come on if the the automatic wipers started working. It was top of the range and was a feature so Ford obviously don't consider this a standard safety feature for their popular cars.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I didn't know about that one, Paul. Thanks for that.

One of the things I like is when you've activated the automatic wipers and the wipers have automatically cleared the screen 5-6 times (I'm not sure exactly how many times as I've not counted them) the automatic lights come on. Very useful when it starts raining.

I've had many cars with Auto lights before that didn't do this and I know it's only a simple thing but if all cars did this it would avoid some people driving around in heavy rain with only their Daylight Running Lights on.
I didn't realise the automatic headlights were linked to the wipers. I just kept thinking "Why are these bloody lights coming on in broad daylight" it was raining at the time though the visibility was very good. Now I know why and I'll stop swearing at the car.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I didn't realise the automatic headlights were linked to the wipers. I just kept thinking "Why are these bloody lights coming on in broad daylight" it was raining at the time though the visibility was very good. Now I know why and I'll stop swearing at the car.
I was the same Yorky. I kept wondering why my lights had come on when it was still bright and then noticed that they always did it just after activating the auto wipers. Please stop swearing at your car as it's not its fault :lol::D

·
Registered
313 Posts
One of the most useful things for me, which before hand I thought was just a bit of a gimmick, are the folding door mirrors when you lock the car. I'm one of those with a terrible memory and can never remember if I've locked my motor or not, but I can now tell at a glance if I've done it :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Screen

Yes, if he knows that a Peugeot 3008 door mirrors fold on locking that is- it can be disabled in settings though. In which case I guess he'd just have to try the door.....
The best thing . Swipe the touch screen side to side and a full menu of the toggle switches below appear ... i.e. Phone , nav etc . Found it by accident

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
When I first went to look at the 3008, the dealer kept showing off a feature with three fingers on the screen. Is this a particular type of gesture that activates something specific on the car?

·
Registered
313 Posts
That's cool, I didn't know about it. Not sure of the usefulness though, it simply takes you to the same spot as pressing one of the piano keys. I guess it's good in an emergency if your piano keys stop working for whatever reason.

·
Registered
620 Posts
As mentioned elsewhere.. holding your finger on the satnav to get the GPS position..

·
Registered
154 Posts
The best thing . Swipe the touch screen side to side and a full menu of the toggle switches below appear ... i.e. Phone , nav etc . Found it by accident
I haven't gotten my car yet, but is that the same menu that comes up when you touch the screen with 5 fingers (no need to swipe anything)?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts