Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself a 55 plate 307 and yesterday was the first Sunday i've had to myself to have a look over the motor and dig around.

I've spotted a couple of bits where i want to make fixes and stuff which is all fine.

The one thing that really boggled me is that in front of the under-hood fuse box and just behind the passenger headlight there was a little cover. I took said cover off and found a pipe from the air intake, and another pipe seemingly running to the air system but under this cover there was just a big space. No pipe corner to connect the other two together and no filter or air box or anything for the air to run through.

I didn't expect that this is normal so i've had a dig around and tried to pick up a haynes manual but nowhere had one in stock. What's the deal with this? What should i be seeing when i lift this cover off?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
thats normal the car draws air underneath the cover is just to stop any water or damp getting in

the cover just unclips and will gain more access to the light

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems bizarre (and incredibly French) to have a cover with a big gap in it? I'd have thought there be a pipe connecting the two or a filter box or something in there? Weird

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
As has already been said by monty, it acts like a water trap and helps stop water getting into the intake.

If it's a 1.6 diesel then the air filter is at the back of the engine below the scuttle and is a pig to get to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts