Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove the DS7 at the weekend whilst my 3008GT was in for a service.
DS7 has same engine with an 8 speed auto box - 8 speed box is marginaly smoother if any. 3008 has the 6 speed auto.
DS7 has it's own style design - some bits I like more and some less than that of the 3008GT.
DS7 has a few more "toys" - electrics. Fancy comfort suspension setting - slight difference on the ride quality to that of the 3008GT.
DS7 has heated / cooled front seats.
DS7 has 20 inch rims.
Head clearance inside for the driver is no different between DS7 & 3008GT. Bit more space / height in the rea of the DS7.

Apart from the above - not much other difference apart from the DS7 is £12k more than the 3008GT.

Was initially tempted to make the swap - I have had a DS3 & DS5, along with other Citerons and a few Peugeots.

Jumped back into my 3008GT and drove 55 miles home after drivign the DS& - I will be keeping the Pug :thumb:. Just could not justify the extra cost for the DS7.

Has anyone else tried the DS7 and come to any conclusion when comparing the DS7 against the 3008 ?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Great summary. You may find this post will need to be moved to the off topic area though.

See my post from last year, when I went to view the DS7 before its launch. The car wasn't able to be driven, but the rest of the car could be examined in detail:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/ds7-crossback-276794/

There are many similarities to my 3008 GT, including most of the parts bin!

I'm hoping to visit one of the new DS Salon showrooms to take a closer look at some point as I keep being invited to test drive one. I'd suggest depreciation will be massive and the list prices are still way too high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts