Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current car is a Qashqai 1.2 petrol...its 3 years old..... I'm test driving the GT Line 3008 tomorrow... Also the 1.2 petrol .
What should I be looking out for in my test drive( I've got it for a few hours).. Is there anything I should specifically check?.... What differences can I expect with the Qashqai?
Finally...if all goes well I'm hoping to order the GT Line....is this the spec to go for? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would recommend that you press all the buttons to see what they do and if you need them (and want to pay for it if it is options). Also you should test drive the car on roads, speeds and situations you normally drive in. E.g. if you only drive in slow speeds in towns, there's no need for you to test the car on motorways. Or if you always load the car with luggage and drive up a mountain, you should try that with the 3008.

Good luck! I hope you get a positive experience in the 3008 ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can I ask how you have managed to get a test drive for a few hours? I've test driven a lot of cars recently and Peugeot gave us the longest at about 30 mins.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Can I ask how you have managed to get a test drive for a few hours? I've test driven a lot of cars recently and Peugeot gave us the longest at about 30 mins.
Can only speak for myself, but at Volkswagen they offered to let me have a new Tiguan during the entire weekend, at Ford they offered to let me pick up a Mondeo at one morning and return it after work the day after, and Peugeot gave me the 3008 for a full day a few days after the first cars arrived in November. I was actually test driving it before the media in Norway.

I first talked to the salesmen and had pointed out the direction of options and trim level I was looking for (high trim level and a lot of options on all three cars). I also said which other brands I was trying. Then I just asked for the cars for so long.

But one of my friends could only get a 3008 for 2 hours, so I guess it's down to how likely they think it is that you spend money there. I don't think they would have treated me the same if I told them I was looking at the entry level without any options.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Doffin, I had previously been out for an afternoon in a Toyota CHR.... Basically said that to the dealer....
He agreed to let me have it for the afternoon too..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I test drive a CHR as well. Watching videos on youtube of it was more informative. I had maybe 20 mins but the sales person insisted on driving for the first 10 mins and we only drove in traffic. I requested a longer test drive for a few weeks later but never heard back from the dealership so that was the end of that. I prefer the 3008 any way but it's just one of a number of cars we are looking at and I have to say that this forum is putting me off somewhat with the problems people are experiencing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the problems people are experiencing with the actual car ? Or more to do with some of the things the car should have working.... ie)TomTom etc?
I'm intrigued to know how people find the actual car..
I feel that, given time, these other issues should get ironed out.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My current car is a Qashqai 1.2 petrol...its 3 years old..... I'm test driving the GT Line 3008 tomorrow... Also the 1.2 petrol .
What should I be looking out for in my test drive( I've got it for a few hours).. Is there anything I should specifically check?.... What differences can I expect with the Qashqai?
Finally...if all goes well I'm hoping to order the GT Line....is this the spec to go for? What are your thoughts?
Got the 1.2 gt line in Amazonite Grey , drove a QQ for 3 years , the 3008 is a superior car and the GT Line has all i need and more !!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Are the problems people are experiencing with the actual car ? Or more to do with some of the things the car should have working.... ie)TomTom etc?
I personally have no issues with the car at all and enjoy it greatly. TomTom worked from day 1 for me and I had both user manuals a week before pickup, but like others Connected Apps don't work, however from the little I know about Connected Apps things like Petrol prices and Weather I get on the Nav screen anyway and don't need anything else. I did have a very good dealer (so there are some about) who updated the software for me before pickup and even filled my petrol tank because I had to wait for my car longer than they would have liked :) I think a forum such as this although very useful and from which I have learnt a lot, also attracts a disproportionate amount of criticism for the car as you rarely hear from people who are completely satisfied like me.

Just to keep on topic :) I had 2 test drives with each only about 1/2 hour long, the second was when they had aquired an automatic as the first was a manual. The longest test drive I was offered was a local Susuki dealer who said I could test drive their car for a couple of days, which I didn't do, as I didn't really like the car as much as the 3008 and openly told them that was the reason.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm intrigued to know how people find the actual car..
I feel that, given time, these other issues should get ironed out.
Personally i think the car in 1.2 EAT 6 GT Line is very good, refined, well built with great spec .Dealership good too. I have zero complaints and prefer it to my previous Audi Q3.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've come from a Qashqai 1.2 and find the 1.2 puretech a much better engine and the general package is a whole lot better than the Nissan. If you've got a few hours then I'm sure you'll get to drive at all speeds.

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (40.2mpg)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts