Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 2008 407 SW 1.6 HDi this afternoon

I had mentioned the dreaded Diesel Particulate filter problems to the salesman when he was talking about the warranty.

I got it out on to the A45 and the engine light came on, "Anti pollution Fault" error message came up on the screen and I lost power. I was crawling along the A45 at 40 mph until it gave up the ghost completely and I rolled to a halt.

I didn't buy that one. :lol: I got a 2.0 HDi 136 SE Saloon that was much cheaper and a bit older. It has had the 80k service done so hopefully that was the big one.

It made it through the test drive and it has a 2 year warranty.

J

·
0 Posts
You'll need to check the details of what was actually done for the 80k service. All that would typically be included are the standard service items, and for the additional items such as topping up the DPF fluid, that would need to be added as an extra. Best bet is to ring the garage direct and find out for sure :nod:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll need to check the details of what was actually done for the 80k service. All that would typically be included are the standard service items, and for the additional items such as topping up the DPF fluid, that would need to be added as an extra. Best bet is to ring the garage direct and find out for sure :nod:
Ok, I'll do that, thanks.

Do the HDi 136 cars have the Dual Mass Flyweel? Its an 07 car.

I love all the toys. After the SW broke down a quarter mile from the dealer I looked at a 2008 VW Jetta TDi but it bored me to tears and had no toys. This 407 has lots of gadgetry and I love the auto folding door mirrors. It drives and handles great too.

J

·
0 Posts
Yes, the 2.0HDI definitely does have a DMF :(

407s are very good value for what you got for your money :nod:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well, I'm not going to worry about DMFs unless something actually goes wrong.

It's a nice Titanium/gold colour and I pick it up on Thursday, at which point I need to price up a towbar and get some mats for it.

I have never owned a large saloon car before so parking will be a fraught affair for a while.

J

·
0 Posts
Once you have it, look up the code on Paint Codes

Can always get the name from Servicebox, but that would need the last 8 digits of the Vin no.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
paint colour

sounds like my colour crankyhorse, its gold but according to the paint code its white gold. V5 says its green, contacted swansea and they said they work in primary block colours so if its gold its green, nice! :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Would be better calling it yellow for you :thumb:

They call mine silver, but I would have said blue out of the two, as its closer to blue than silver :nod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts