Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I posted on here some time ago about engine failure and the general conclusion was get another engine! I have done this and have it fitted but the only one I could get which was guaranteed mileage and running was a wyz engine and the one which came out was a wjy, it all runs fine started lovely etc but the temp gauge seems to run a bit high, definitely higher than the actual temperature of the engine when tested with an infrared thermometer. the original temp sender has a different thread so can't be fitted to the engine. I just wondered if there was a difference in the resistance of the 2 different types of senders or is there something else I should be checking? also temp gauge moves up if I switch on the heater! when running the gauge is on the second mark after the 90, it does not boil over and I can take the top of the header tank when warmed up. Not really a problem but it worries me slightly!!! its a 2004 expert 1.9d with the wjz engine from a 99 but only had 70.000 on the clock and it does run clean. Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been trying to come to terms with the temp gauge reading and trying not to worry, but unfortunately thats not me.

There has been one development I notice when the engine is run up to temperature after a 20 mile drive, if I switch the engine off then turn the ignition back on without starting the engine, the gauge reads pretty much bang on the 90, then as soon as I start it the needle moves up a few lines, also it seems to read higher with continuas higher revs. could it be a bad earth or too much voltage getting through to the instrument gauge? I would like to get it sorted as I will be selling it next month and trying to explain this all to a prospective buyer would be difficult and they may well not believe me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts