Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Driving to work today. About 5 mins into my drive, at about 70 degrees on temp gage. The STOP light came on dial dash and the temp needle shot straight to the top of gage. I was preparing to pull over to the hard shoulder, when all returned to normal and needle went back to 70 degrees. The highest my temp gage normally goes upto is 80 degrees when engine hot, it never goes any higher. So I'm pretty sure, it wasn't overheating. I'd only started the car 5 mins earlier, and since temp went back down, guess maybe something is sticking under the bonnet.
It did the same thing driving home after work. 5 mins in, temp shot up. This time I made no attempt to slow and continued. After about 20 secs, again all returned to normal. Although pulling onto my drive, I notice my temp needle was reading zero now, so completely stopped working. I turned engine off, and turned key back on without restarting engine. The temp needle stuttered upto 80 degrees. Turned dash off and on again, and needle gracefully went up to 80 degrees.

Sorry if I've gone on a bit here. But maybe someone else may have/had a similar experience.

Can anyone shed any light to what this might be? I thought maybe thermostat was sticking, but no sure now due to gage dropping to zero whilst driving!

I have peugeot planet, and I'll see what that tells me tomorrow. But wanted ideas of possible reasons too.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke with Stealers. Part number needed: 1338 C1 Sensor and 1338 G5 Thermost gasket.
Total Cost £18:87 inc Vat.

Doesn't look too hard to fit either. I'm hoping to do a quick swap without draining coolant, then bleeding. I'll report back when done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok all done :)

I did do a quick swap without draining. Did of course lose a bit of coolant, but not too bad. Has to whether it's solved my problem....time will tell.

I did see when taken the air filter off to make room. In the plastic tube, there was oil deposits...looked like quite a bit. Is that normal?

Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts