Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a motorhome based on a Boxer 2.2 diesel, and keep getting repeat alarms for high coolant temperature. After a few seconds however the alarm cancels and the gauge returns to normal. The local dealers changed the temperature sensor, however this has not cured the fault. They now say that they are unable to do anything else as they cannot replicate the fault in the workshop and so it is not covered by the warranty. Anyone else had a similar problem and if so how did you get it fixed?

Regards
Neil

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did have similar problem on my '98 2.5TD motorhome.
It just went up into the red one day and the temperature warning light came on.
The engine wasn't being stressed at the time and then it was OK.
The fan switch on the bottom of the radiator has 3 male pins. The connector that connects to it has 3 female pins. The female pins are a box construction to allow them to grip onto the male pins of the sensor. In my case the female pins were corroded and not complete and so not gripping, although at first glance looked OK.
I couldn't find another female connector so I soldered 3 wires onto the sensor and sleeved them up and then cut off the plug with the broken females in it and then crimped the sensor wires leads to the cut off loom wires.

andytw

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did have similar problem on my '98 2.5TD motorhome.
It just went up into the red one day and the temperature warning light came on.
The engine wasn't being stressed at the time and then it was OK.
The fan switch on the bottom of the radiator has 3 male pins. The connector that connects to it has 3 female pins. The female pins are a box construction to allow them to grip onto the male pins of the sensor. In my case the female pins were corroded and not complete and so not gripping, although at first glance looked OK.
I couldn't find another female connector so I soldered 3 wires onto the sensor and sleeved them up and then cut off the plug with the broken females in it and then crimped the sensor wires leads to the cut off loom wires.

andytw
Thanks for the feedback. I've got it booked into a different dealer today for a second opinion so I'll let them know what you had to say. It may be a different vehicle but you never know!

Regards
Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts