Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just bought myself a 307 hdi

Just realised the temp guage goes to 70 and then goes dead been driving it for a while nothing too long but i believe the car was worm and shouldnt still be saying its cold....

any how at this point i couldnt hear the rad working but just to make sure ive turned the car off so i dont blow the head gasket as i cant see the temp

any ideas of what i can be doing to repair?

·
Registered
77 Posts
You will probably find that you have a fault with the coolant temp sensor or the loom has an intermittent open circuit fault. Have know there to be comms faults to the instrument cluster. Be careful as well as the coolant temp sensors have been known to let water through to the harness and travel up the wires into the engine ecu plug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry didn`t get that bit , fans blowing hot air ? pipes to rad hot? no lose of coolant? probably temp sensor .
would you recommend i still drive the car as i do not know if the radiator turns on and i dont fancy leaving it running to check as it may overheat and just really worried about the headgasket going??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right just come from taking the car on the motorway and yes it is a intermittant temp sender thing as it starts to work and then stop again again however what happy just now is I was on the motorway and temp sensor went dead along with the engine management light coming on...... car seemed to be fine so I carried on driving approx another 5 miles pulled up in the service station turned the ignition off and back on temp guarge slowly picked up as was fine however engine management light still on and saying anti pollution fault everything on the car is fine so i dont think its in limp mode? drove the car and bought it home and both engine management light and says anti pollution fault.... are the two problems linked??? should i need to worry about this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts