Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering though a bit pessimistic, whether we need a thread where all real issues found can be posted. I expect all new products to have issues and it would be good for those who have taken ownership, let us still waiting, know of anything to look out for. I know many are already doing it but its hard to remember where to look.

Waiting since 26/1/17 for 1.6, Petrol, Auto, Amazonite Grey

· Registered
109 Posts
I was wondering though a bit pessimistic, whether we need a thread where all real issues found can be posted. I expect all new products to have issues and it would be good for those who have taken ownership, let us still waiting, know of anything to look out for. I know many are already doing it but its hard to remember where to look.

Nice one Artise. The 2 teething issues I can remember are setting up TomTom and the possible recall regarding the drive shaft bolts - this latter point I hope will not affect the later built cars which about includes all of us!***?!?

(Waiting since 13th Feb - Allure and given 2 false build dates)

· Registered
683 Posts
There have been surprisingly very reports of teething problems, one forum member had a water hose that hadn't been secured properly, myself did have a weird noise when braking very lightly which seems to have gone as the brakes have bedded in. Other than TomTom Live not being setup I cant remember any other posts.

Mine is booked in on the 27th for drive shaft bolt replacement that my dealer said a service bulletin had been issued by Peugeot to do.

Edit Some on a French forum complain of bonnet vibrations at speed 70mph and above, this I think was on early built models, its not something I have noticed so may have been fixed on later builds.

· Registered
765 Posts
Just a few I have spotted on the forum.

1: TT activation
2: TT signal cutting in and out.
3: driveshaft bolts.
4: Media screen going completely black and requiring battery disconnect to reboot.
5: Loose interior trim.
6: Bad trim gaps(interior)
7: Loose bonnet hinges?
8: Missing Manuals
9: Timezone keeping dropping back to GMT from BST.
10: slow touchscreen in cold

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
I really hope the poor alignments of dash and door panels as well as the lousy fitting of pillar covers as shown on 1 members photos isn't the norm.
One thing I will definitely checking is the fit of the glove box as both of the demonstrators we drove were poorly aligned with the top of the glovebox touching the dash for the other side having at least a 10 mm gap.

· Registered
112 Posts
Glovebox

Interesting as both demos I drove had mis aligned glove boxes which were very obvious and both salesmen at two different garages blames customers for opening and slamming shut trapping the maunual
Only one problem there were no manuals to be seen ?

· Registered
276 Posts
Thankfully i have had no such issues with trim alignment or any of the others listed. The only thing that does my head in and i wish i could change is the sound the indicators make, might sound weird but it`s sooooo annoying. My wife thinks it sounds like that song from the sixties "popcorn" lol why they couldn`t just have a light click click sound like everyone else i`ll never know.

· Registered
765 Posts
Thankfully i have had no such issues with trim alignment or any of the others listed. The only thing that does my head in and i wish i could change is the sound the indicators make, might sound weird but it`s sooooo annoying. My wife thinks it sounds like that song from the sixties "popcorn" lol why they couldn`t just have a light click click sound like everyone else i`ll never know.
Yeah I noticed that and thought it sounded very cheap. Our 508 doesn't do that so do wonder what made them think that sound was a good idea.

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
Interesting as both demos I drove had mis aligned glove boxes which were very obvious and both salesmen at two different garages blames customers for opening and slamming shut trapping the maunual
Only one problem there were no manuals to be seen ?
Didn't think you could even get a travel pack of tissues, let alone a manual in there!

· Registered
857 Posts
My only issue at the moment is the activation of the Live Services. No-one from the Peugeot head office down to the tech engineer on the ground seems to have a clue and it's starting to wind me up especially as I forked out for the speed cam package as well. Anyone awaiting delivery should make their dealership aware of this problem before picking their car up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.