Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there just abit of advise really. Have a Peugeot 106 I recently have had the Headgasket and valve guides replaced and the head skimmed. I also have had timing belt and aux belt changed. I’ve never owned a car of this age or a Peugeot. On start up there is a tapping sound from the vehicle which is quite evident... when the vehicle gets up to temperature this quietens down, but is still there. The car however is running beutiful in a sense of the way it drives I have done around 3000miles since the repairs were done.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello there just abit of advise really. Have a Peugeot 106 I recently have had the Headgasket and valve guides replaced and the head skimmed. I also have had timing belt and aux belt changed. I’ve never owned a car of this age or a Peugeot. On start up there is a tapping sound from the vehicle which is quite evident... when the vehicle gets up to temperature this quietens down, but is still there. The car however is running beutiful in a sense of the way it drives I have done around 3000miles since the repairs were done.
to be fair, mine was like that for 50,000 miles, and I had no problems.
As they say " a noisy tappet, is a happy tappet"

if it's too tight, it can cause problems starting etc.
You can adjust the tappets with a screwdriver and a spanner...and a bog spanner to turn the camshaft,

tappets26231646_10215450371599060_8480867414799380528_n.jpg

but I personally wouldn't, unless you feel confident, as a little problem could get bigger.

It's not hard as such, tho'

cheers
Liam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts