Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for anyone to tell me if this car has a tank pump ?
Vf33c8hzb82807598 ?

Thanks !

Is it as simple as saying priming bulb yes = no tank pump ?

·
5,618 Posts
Normally primer means no lift pump. Double checked on service box and that vin shows no in tank pump

·
5,618 Posts
No must be duff fuel or HP pump is starting to fail break-up (normally brass colour) :(

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
brass for intank pump and metal for HP pump, tho am not sure what the newer pumps are made off lol, pitty it was not the RHR engine as you can
just remove it from the side of the engine and not have to remove the timing belt

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yeah but what ever diesel is not used in the injectors flows thru the leak off pipes back into the tank and back to the filter, then it also could be the injectors as well breaking up,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if the Hp pump fails completely , does that mean there's no filter to catch the rubbish ?
- if it cycles around the whole fuel system what's the damage ? Can they be flushed out .

The filings are very fine brass/gold colour - I'd say under 0.5 mm and not a lot of it , almost a dust sparkling at the bottom of the pan ... Like panning for gold ... I wish ....
What gets the pressure up to take fuel into the injectors to start off with , without a tank pump before the turning of the HP pump takes over ?

It basically won't start until until about a minute of turning over . Starts with easy start and once on its way is sweet as a nut no problems . No warning lights etc at any point . New battery , alternator checked , auto electrician had a good look ... Big stumped really .. Almost at the point of connecting a tube to the air filter from inside so I can squirt easy start down it without getting out and getting rained on !

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
its best to get the car on the computer and check live data to see what the pump is cranking it should be 300bar if its not getting that then it wont fire and with easy start its
starting so my thoughts is the pump is starting to fail,

there filter that filters the diesel you could maybe get away with swaping the pump and flush the tank and lines as well as replace the fuel filter, can i ask how you checked the
filter as i thought they were a sealed unit am maybe wrong as the 1.6 110 hdi on my dads c4 was a sealed unit,

the HP pump causes a vacume and sucks the diesel up, i would do a leak of test as well and see if your injectors are at fault before replacing the pump

S

·
0 Posts
yeah but what ever diesel is not used in the injectors flows thru the leak off pipes back into the tank and back to the filter, then it also could be the injectors as well breaking up,
D'oh of course, ignore me I must have had a morning head on me!

·
5,618 Posts
As Cmax says need around 300bar for injection to start, pump or injectors failing are leaking off pressure at starter speed the easy start is increase rpm enough for the pump to get up to pressure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will 'service box ' give me a list of compatible part numbers ?
This ones a seimens , I know that much .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts