Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am newbie, please be nice.

I have been looking at cars for about 2 months on and off. I currently drive a Mazda 2 which I bought in December last year basically as it was cheap and my old car had devalued too much.

Anyway it drives me nuts in lots of little ways, and I have nearly paid it off, so I thought i might get something a bit better.

I was quite taken with the Peugeot, but having an analytic bend, I have read everything I could find and been put off it. Then out of frustration I ended up going for a drive in one last night and must say I was impressed on first impression.

However I see the facelift model is coming. Anyone got a better idea when we are likely to see this in Australia?

For the overseas readers, have the facelifted prices remained the same in your market or moved up or down?

And after reading a lot of stuff, anyone having issues with doors dropping or bits falling off on the newer models?

G

·
Avoid the 207 like the plague - massively, far and away, the worst car in the range currently for reliability and finish, and that's saying something.

The 308 is a much better drive anyway, and a fair bit bigger, so I'd stump up the little extra for the bigger car. In fact, my 207 was so shockingly dire that's exactly what I did. Never looked back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The 308 is too large for me, I am a huge fan of light cars.

G

·
The 207 is typically only about 100kg lighter (at 1200+ kg it's hardly a featherweight), dependant on model, than the 308. That's less than I weigh. The 308 is larger, but feels more nimble, and hides its girth very well indeed. It's not the biggest inside either, and the 107 has easily as much room in the front.

The 207 drives tidily, but time has caught up with it and the cheaper Fiesta and Mazda 2 drive better, altough they both lack proper performance variants.

Alas, the 207 has a dire record for faults and you stand a better than evens chance of suffering grief. It's the one pug I would never touch again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.