Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone here can please give me some advice.

I own a 2013 Peugeot 3008, and have been very happy with it, however just recently the bottom tailgate will not go down. It seems to be sticking on the left side. The lever appears to be working and I can hear clicking on both sides but it is just not being released. I have stripped it back as far as I can go (including the panels on the side of the boot), but I cannot get to the mechanism.

Can anyone help with advice as I how I can get to the mechanism to check it?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to help and advice.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone here can please give me some advice.

I own a 2013 Peugeot 3008, and have been very happy with it, however just recently the bottom tailgate will not go down. It seems to be sticking on the left side. The lever appears to be working and I can hear clicking on both sides but it is just not being released. I have stripped it back as far as I can go (including the panels on the side of the boot, but I cannot get to the mechanism.

Can anyone help with advice as I how I can get to the mechanism to check it?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to help and advice.
Not sure if you can still drop the panel but where the lid comes down and closes you should see a rubber seal if you remove the seal there is about 4 stardrive screws removing those should alow you a glance inside though in my case i was getting into electrics

Also the nearside hinge has a cover over the electrics if that is split it may be stopping you getting the tail down, you can see that from below the car and if is the fault you may be able to tape it so you can lower it down

Not sure if you’ve looked but the tail panel is made of 2 long sheets and has clips that run along the edge the number plate lamps reside

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello border_all,

Thanks for replying

The tailgate is stuck up, and now both sides are locked in place.

I have attached a photograph of the tailgate lever, which moves but for some reason the tailgate will not drop.

I am unclear about what I can do to access the mechanism, can you please explain again?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Hello border_all,

Thanks for replying

The tailgate is stuck up, and now both sides are locked in place.

I have attached a photograph of the tailgate lever, which moves but for some reason the tailgate will not drop.

I am unclear about what I can do to access the mechanism, can you please explain again?
Hi this is trial and error as I mentioned my need of access was for wiring however

In your image of the catch you will see the rubber strip i refered too that need removing and under it are star screws. Directly under the panel are your number plate lamps if you look there you will see the entire length of panel has oblong plastic clips.

I am guessing the release will be ether cable or rod once you undo the star drives under the rubber you may well be able to get your fingers in and locate the mechanism mine opened just with star drives about an inch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts