Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, just bought an 05 407 sw lux pack 2.0Hdi about 3 days ago, and got a feeling I may be on here allot ? :)- so I apologise in advance for spelling errors and silly questions.

for my first question, when im pulling away, warning sounds that rear (boot) window is open, which i need to get out and close it, I understand this should self lock at 6mph according the the book, but its not doing it? am i being a numpty or is this an issue thats known and how do I fix it as the missus is going mental as I bought the car for her, also how the feck do i open the actual boot itself on an sw ?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
I'm surprised you've had to ask how to open the boot, but anyway.... to open main boot there is a large handle under the metal strip - right in the middle - just press/pull and it will open. To open the window, there is a little button under the wiper mechanism.

Are you pressing the open boot button on the key fob when unlocking - if you are then you are opening the window of the boot, which will obviously need closing before driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I should have clarified, boot will not open by using handle as seems to be permanatley locked. Cannot hear a click from lock when locking or unlocking car. When car is unlocked, and I try to open using the handle boot will not open. I have tried pressing unlock button twice, holding in for 5 secs, nothin seems to open up boot. But I have seen it open so I know it does work :confused:

PS I am not pressing middle button on key fob to try and open main boot.

Any further info required please ask :)

Thanks in advance

Update * I have been out to car, and when I pull/press the main boot opening handle, there is a slight clicking sound, like it is trying to disengage, but what happens is it unlocks the small glass part. If there are any Pug technichians out there who have seen this, or if anyone has had a similiar experiance, please advise how it was rectified.

Sorry for the saga, but the more info the better, I hope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts