Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
Does anyone know of a supplier for a wing/aerofoil for the top of the tailgate on my station wagon? A "styling" thing really but hope it might help keep the rear window clean. Rear window gets dirty pretty quickly - I guess that is normal...

I know that there is a full bodykit that includes such.

Kind regards, Leo

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
which model is it Leo? If 407, sebasteeno has one fitted and posted some pics of it too. Look for irmscher panels thats what he used, looks a treat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Sterion,
Err yeah its a 407 SW. Didn't know that Irmscher did Peugeot stuff - just found one Ebay - thanks v much.

Leo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics Seb, looked in your gallery yesterday...
IMHO the Irmscher looks better - is it easy to fit or a "guddle" ?

Leo

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well I missed that doh! Yours does look the biz especially with the black on silver. Have you decided on its future?
Gonna buy another 407 SW but a 2.0 Hdi then transfer spoiler, splitters, grill, wheels in fact everything onto the new one then sell this one in standard trim.

Oh and black wheels are a pain in the arse! I have to clean them everyday otherwise they look cack! My wife thinks ive got something wrong with me and that i i spend more time on my wheels than i do her.

J

·
0 Posts
but hope it might help keep the rear window clean. Rear window gets dirty pretty quickly - I guess that is normal...
I don't understand how the spoiler on the roof/top of the boot lid is going to make any difference whatsoever to keeping the rear window clean :confused:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Its something they're born with seb, deep mistrust of us. I went out today for a socket and came back with three and a gear puller, maybe thats not helping!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello Seb,
Aerofoil arrived today. Instructions show what looks to me like an adaptor to make the aerial more vertical but nothing inthe box. Pics of your car look like you removed the aerial - is that right ?

Had hoped that the aerodynamics might have carried the gunge away from the rear screen :- (

Leo

·
Registered
682 Posts
No my aerial is still there and the adaptor is not needed as even when the boot is fully open it doesnt touch the aerial.

Where did you get the spoiler from?

Oh and if you want some front splitters then i know where theres a brand new set for much cheapness.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yo Seb, thanks for that. Its the Ebay one that Sterion posted about. A bit too expensive but I jumped at it before you posted up.

Had thought about having it satin black (on white gold car), but I think its too massive for that and will paint it in body colour, but with the vertical bit below the top lip painted black. The glue says best to be applied at above 10 degrees so might have to wait till summer - LOL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts