Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LED strip (a few quid from eBay) with a black and red cable.

How can I wire it up so that it turns on and off when the courtesy light does?

·
6,267 Posts
Easiest way would be to tap into the puddle lights for the footwells (if fitted) these come on with the courtesy lights and have an accessible two pin plug on the lamp holder.

You will need to check which lead is +12V with a test meter or take a guess and see if light works if not reverse the led strip leads

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easiest way would be to tap into the puddle lights for the footwells (if fitted) these come on with the courtesy lights and have an accessible two pin plug on the lamp holder.

You will need to check which lead is +12V with a test meter or take a guess and see if light works if not reverse the led strip leads
I don't have footwell lighting.

That's why I bought the LED strip :)

·
6,267 Posts
You may still have the harness in the footwells have a look for a taped up lead with a two way plug above the footwell trim

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may still have the harness in the footwells have a look for a taped up lead with a two way plug above the footwell trim
I've had a look above the passenger footwell (underneath the glove box) and I'm not seeing any 'loose' cables.

There's one thick, braided cable going toward the central column but that's solid; it can't be pulled out to check for plugs etc.

Not sure what I'm looking for, really.

·
6,267 Posts
Its normally a two pin connector with thin cables often taped to the main harness not far from door pillar

·
6,267 Posts
You need to drop down the cover under the glovebox there a 3 push pins hold it on.

If you look at the cover you will see it has a rectangle shape on it this is what is cut out when footwell lights are fitted. So the connectors should in this area under the cover

1 - 11 of 11 Posts