Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We lost the remote key a couple of years back, but now as I acquired pp2000 I made a new key with key fob, with blade and transponder from ebay. Put in this circuit board: Peugeot Citroen Remote Alarm KEY FOB Circuit Board PN 73373067C | eBay (I don't
have alarm though)
The car starts up just fine and the doors locks/unlocks manually, but the remote function doesn't work.
PP2000 said to turn on ignition, hold lock button for 10 seconds, turn off, wait a few seconds and test. That does not work with mine. I have also tried the procedure posted on this forum (disconnect battery etc) and read this post: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/406-40/remote-key-fob-not-working-tried-all-solutions-please-dont-ignore-31915/, and tried everything he tried, but got nothing. And no sign of water leaks.

Car is D9 2002 Peugeot 406 1.8 85KW EW7 J4 (6FZ)
Nikolay

C

·
0 Posts
Can't remember if key's back then had transponder attached to PCB or separate in the fob?

If it was and is on the PCB then remote won't work.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
If the new transponder is compatible with the car then I'm pretty sure the new key transponder will need coding to the car using PP2000 but you will need the pin number from the code card. You will also have to reprogram any existing original key as well or you run the risk of removing it as a recognised key.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying.
The transponder is working and the keys have already been successfully reprogrammed.
I have tried PCB with fixed transponder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts