Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some technical advice guys.

I have installed an aftermarket Double Din dab stereo, all went fine with this install including the reversing sensors and steering controls. The only problem i have is that the stereo doesn't retain its settings when i take key out of ignition and when i put back in after a short while i have to set radio up again.

I have searched around abit on the internet and have noted that you need to have 12volts constant at the yellow and only 12volts on red when ignition turned to acc. i understand all that and everything would be fine if this was the case, in my pug 207 i have metered the red and yellow wires and get this.

On entering the car with no key in ignition i get 0volts at yellow and 0 volts at red.

once ignition is turned to Acc i get 12volts at yellow and 12volts at red

now when i turn key off and remove i get 12 volts at yellow for a short while and then 0volts after i hear a click coming from the glove box interface, i also get 0volts at red when key removed. Its almost as if there is some sort of timer and then i loose constant voltage.

In this instance then am i required to hook the yellow up to another 12volt constant supply somewhere in the car because this is an aftermarket stereo or am i missing something.

Would i be ok to take a 12volt supply from the Cigar lighter wiring being the closest and easy to access.

Your help in this is very much appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok after reading a lot of posts on this forum, basically saying the same thing about the BSI switching the constant lives off after 3mins is I’m guessing the reason the radio doesn’t retain its settings and that the original car stereo has a built in memory for storing these settings, I’m at a dead end here and the only thing I can do is either wire a new cable direct from battery to the yellow constant wire on new radio loom (not original factory connector), or keep searching for a wire which is easily accessible that keeps 12v constant.

I can’t believe that this can’t be solved, as surely the connects2 people would be aware of this on Peugeot’s or is that asking to much to be informed by them especially if buying a specific Peugeot radio harness.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Steve,

you could try and reverse the red and yellow wires around, this happens with all radio's and won't harm it.
instead of red - red, yellow - yellow try red- yellow and yellow - red.and see if it works , otherwise you will need pp2000 to change the settings.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Steve,

you could try and reverse the red and yellow wires around, this happens with all radio's and won't harm it.
instead of red - red, yellow - yellow try red- yellow and yellow - red.and see if it works , otherwise you will need pp2000 to change the settings.
Yeah already done that and doesn’t work. Not heard of PP2000 I guess that’s a dealer thing ??

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Reversing the wires makes no difference due to how the BSI works as you have already said peugeot radios do not need a permanent live they have a built in system to retain memory.

Planet wont help simply power up your memory back up wire/permanent live from a permanent source but DO NOT leave it connected to the bsi feed or bsi wont go to sleep it must be a separate feed.

Your radio MAY not turn off with ignition but it will after 3 mins.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reversing the wires makes no difference due to how the BSI works as you have already said peugeot radios do not need a permanent live they have a built in system to retain memory.

Planet wont help simply power up your memory back up wire/permanent live from a permanent source but DO NOT leave it connected to the bsi feed or bsi wont go to sleep it must be a separate feed.

Your radio MAY not turn off with ignition but it will after 3 mins.
yep i was expecting this, so my next question is has anyone found a reliable constant 12volts, apart from the obvious being the battery..?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought, would I be able to use a piggy back fuse holder to get a constant 12v supply for radio, that’s assuming there is voltage at the fuse box to use..?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I am in business, I have just metered the fuse box in the glove compartment and all of the last 5 fuses on the right are all metering out 12volts and this is after the BSI goes to sleep. Lowest fuse rating is 15amps, so am going to piggy back from that one, this one protects the alarm circuit which is obvious it needs a 12v supply. Hopefully this will sort my memory resetting problem and give me a constant live to the yellow wire on stereo, I will leave the red connected to its normal connection as that is ok switched with the Acc.:thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok this is what i have done to create a permanent live link, i have tapped into the fusebox which is inside the glove box behind the panel that you can access the Diagnostic Plug. I have used a fuse that gives me 12volts when BSI has timed out over 3mins and putting a meter on it i still get 12volts. Hpe fully you can see in the pic i have provided a clear shot of this.
View attachment 77410

So then the blue wire from the piggy back fuse holder goes to the Yellow wire on the new wiring loom and then flows to the Back of the Stereo You then have a permanent live so that it allows the aftermarket Stereo to store the settings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts