Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Had a look at the 2 bolts that hold the sway bar bush bracket on and they look very corroded. I'll have a closer look when I get the wire brush to it. Anyone else had any probs with these exposed bolts being corroded. I'm worried that they may snap off if I get the impact driver on them, what then...?

·
6,000 Posts
I would not use an impact wrench use a hand ratchet or spanner so you can feel if the nut is giving and plenty of proper penetrating oil (not WD40) and as a last resort if your changing bushes anyway some localised heat

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
If the heads are rusted then likely the "correct" spanner might not grip properly. There are spanners/sockets on the market that are designed for just such occasions. Instead of flats or splines these have a wavy design which works great. I have a full kit of sockets and combi spanners that get a fair bit of use.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If the heads are rusted then likely the "correct" spanner might not grip properly. There are spanners/sockets on the market that are designed for just such occasions. Instead of flats or splines these have a wavy design which works great. I have a full kit of sockets and combi spanners that get a fair bit of use.
That sounds interesting. Do you have any more information on them, or a link etc?

Cheers,
Neil

·
6,000 Posts
I have the same I think they are called wall drive sockets

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The set I bought is called Metrinch and is USPro set. I believe I got it off ebay. They are pricey but got me out of a few potential disasters. As windy said there are similar other brands that do the same.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Got some. I found some Sealey ones from Demon Tweaks. I have had Sealey stuff in the past and never had any issue with them. Snap-On they are not, but for someone like me they are more than adequate.
They look like a useful addition to the collection. You can never have enough tools :)

Thank you for mentioning them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts