Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key fob case is knackered, two buttons are worn right through and the key doesn't flip back in springs broke, it just stays stuck out. I only have the one key at the moment with this car.

I bought a replacement key fob case that came with a blank key but I wanted to swap both the board and key over but swapping the key wasn't as straight forward as I thought.

I managed quite easy to get the tiny locking pin that holds the key in place out the old key but tapping it back in to the new key fob was an utter pain in the butt to the point I ended up cracking all the new key fob internal plastic.

Are there any tips/knacks as to how to swap the key itself over to a new fob with a working spring mechanism ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This guy uses some kind of socket to release the spring mechanism, I just wondered if it's a home built job (1:45 into the video) I can'y make out what it is

·
Registered
43 Posts
The key fob case is knackered, two buttons are worn right through and the key doesn't flip back in springs broke, it just stays stuck out. I only have the one key at the moment with this car.

I bought a replacement key fob case that came with a blank key but I wanted to swap both the board and key over but swapping the key wasn't as straight forward as I thought.

I managed quite easy to get the tiny locking pin that holds the key in place out the old key but tapping it back in to the new key fob was an utter pain in the butt to the point I ended up cracking all the new key fob internal plastic.

Are there any tips/knacks as to how to swap the key itself over to a new fob with a working spring mechanism ?
Know what you mean I tried and gave up, nightmare

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well luck has it, I found a company online (can't post links) that do a key replacement key in a newcase for £20 delivered. You send them a high quality photo of your key and they send you a newly cut key, in a new case with a blank circuit board and battery.
I then swapped out my circuit board over from my working key fob and it works just fine so if I get the old key fob with the newly installed blank board programmed for £40 I've a new programmed key for £60. That's far less than the £124 I was quoted a new key programed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts