Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened a month or two ago but now when i wash my 407 sw anywhere near the tailgate, the tailgate will not open. its got to be qn electrical issue or the lock itself has anyone else had or has a similar problem. i have no idea.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Tail gate or glass portion? Not that it really matters. Sometimes my old mans tail gate can be a bit finicky. Only happened once or twice though. He found opening the glass and re shutting it helped?!
Could be moisture ingress. I think both buttons are encased in a rubber thing aren't they?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the main tailgate it did this the last time i washed it. It eventually frees itself and opens but now cannot lock the car as it thinks the tailgate is open.

·
Registered
44 Posts
mine wouldnt open when i bought it. stripped out the lock and cleaned it out and the appropriate wiring and its been fine since.

the wiper mechanism doesnt seal very well so water runs down the inside of the bootlid and corrodes the wiring and rusts up the lock.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Most probably the manual handel on the tailgate starting to go, when mine stopped working, I got Martin [ bettyswollocks on here] to hook up to PP..and programe my key to open the main tailgate instead of the glass hatch.

This was the quickest, and easiest solution, but I do miss not being able to open the glass part for cleaning etc...

Cliff

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just took apart rear lock lubbed it up and used emery board to file the 3 small contacts on plug. Used grease on contacts and washed the car. Lock works great with no problems. Worth doing if you have same problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry i will advise a bit better,take the lock out with the 2 screws,take off inner trim and the sticky pad covering the hole,take out lock and unclip the wiring plug. You can then take out the 2 screws from the lock which splits it in 2. Lub up all moving parts and have a look at the 3 small metal pins which the plug clips onto. If any signs of corrosion (etc) clean up,i used a small emery board to clean contacts. I then sprayed the 3 contacts with spray grease and put it back together. Once all fitted back onto car i washed it. But no issue,tailgate opened - brilliant. great job and glad i done it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts