Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window of the drivers side rear door on my estate has stopped running properly, I suspect something has just come adrift and needs reconnecting, as I can hear the motor working as it should, but the window doesn't move. However, I've never taken a 407 apart (apart from the centre console to replace the headunit, wire in my dashcam power and replace the infamous LCD display), so I thought maybe someone on here could give me some pointers as to what's involved when taking the rear doorcard off to see what's up with the window. I've had a quick look, but I can only see one fixing, whereas my old 306 had 3 screws to accompany the push in clips. ;)

C

·
0 Posts
The window regulator has probably failed, common issue on rear doors.
Your right clips and screws did mine 3 or 4 years ago so can't really remember much do help guide you.
GSF and eurocarparts stock the regulators, it's a job that'll take a couple of hours to sort, not difficult more awkward than anything. Helps to have small hands when replacing the reg.

·
Registered
111 Posts
door card (rear)

Hi there are you ready for this, 4 screws one below the door pull, one on back edge of door 2hidden under the fake wood trim on the door pull and dont forget the lamp in the bottom of the card (if fitted) and also the trim around the lock release and window switch wire if I remember rightly just pulls off but be gentle.According to haynes manual and memory.Hope this helps you pete407sw.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Regulators are easy if fiddly, the replacement one I got from GSF bolted in so no need for a rivet gun.
You will however need to drill the old one out (if it's the original).

I've found a set of plastic trim removal tools (a few quid on eBay) as part of my Peugeot owners kit very handy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one, cheers guys. Should be a fun job when I finally get round to it. At the end of the day, its the window where my smallest daughter sits in her car seat, so she's not likely to be opening it any time soon, but it's one of those things where I know it's not right, so it bugs me. One day it'll bug me enough to actually get it fixed! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts