Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My MAIN boot / tailgate won"t open, had to take rear cover off, and using the screwdriver to open the catch as per handbook in emergency situation etc...

Now, I went out to Martin"s today and got the car on Planet Peugeot....the rear window opens ok....but...after I open the main boot [ screwdriver etc]...there is a lot of small pieces of broken, black coloured plastic left in the small recess which holds the "U" bracket for the catch to lock onto...

First impression was I needed a new catch...but....Martin can operate no problems via Planet etc..

..can anyone direct me to the part no of the handle / internal switch at all? I definitely seems like this is the part that is internally broken, and all the small parts have fallen down to the lowest point they could, making it "look" like a broken catch.....but actually the handle itself?

Hope you can make sense of out my ramble!!!

Thanks,

Clifford

Anyone else hear of this problem before??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a quick look again....very fiddly job!...surprised at only three parts to the handle assembly!...but maybe better...

Martin....Part 13 could be the bit that has broken up with me??

Didn"t know you could change from glass to tail gate opening via Planet?...but would be better going for the manual fix??

Thanks for all the responses folks, appreciated!

Cliff

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Magma...thanks.
...Martin wants to know whereabouts the function is please??

My glass only opens with the remote at the minute....will it change to manual, once Martin gets PP to open the tailgate via remote??

Cliff

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Cliff , i think magma means when you hit the remote the tailgate will open instead of the glass ,
magma where is function to change , BSI locking??

J

·
0 Posts
Doesn't your glass open with the switch under the wiper then Cliff? Broken switch there too?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi JM,
The glass has never opened with the switch since I bought the car in Jan 09...must be broken too, but I only ever opened it up for cleaning etc...

That was my thought..that suddenly the manual switch for the glass would start working if Martin swapped the remote over to opening of the tailgate?

Cliff

J

·
0 Posts
Don't think it would start working by switching it in Planet. Both my switches work manually, and the remote opens the glass. But like you, I never use the glass anyway, so the option to have the remote open the main boot would be better for me than the glass option :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Magma,
Didn"t think about the tracks being broken in the glass...will check, thx...

Was out at Martins"s......great job on the door, now working through the remote:) Big, big thanks there Martin.....

So...will catch up with these little jobs after I get an ABS sensor replaced! Plus, went away with www.peugeotforums.com window decals:cool:

One more tiny request here folks...anyone got a part no for the small plastic plugs that hold on the rear boot inner card?....so brittle!!!...or...a link to suitable sized "aftermarket" ones?

Big thanks for all your responses and help:thumb:

Cliff

J

·
0 Posts
One more tiny request here folks...anyone got a part no for the small plastic plugs that hold on the rear boot inner card?....so brittle!!!...or...a link to suitable sized "aftermarket" ones?
Boot pic attached....

I would hazard a guess and say no.16 might be the ones.... at least these look like the ones they use on the interior door cards when I removed mine the other week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts