Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi brought a pug 307 2.0 hdi sw 53 2 months ago.It had a knocking on drivers side front which after looking found drop link had snapped so replaced both sides.Still had a knocking so changed both bottom ball joints.The knocking has gone now over big bumps but is a lot worse over gravel/lanes with small bumps.It almost feels like the wheels are going to fall off.When i hit bigger bumps we now have the ABS and ESP warning lights come on.Another problem is when you lift the clutch with hardly any acceleration the engine ? shakes/judders and the car makes exactly the same noise/feel when you are in too high a gear for the speed you are travelling,so have to drop down a gear.Any help would be really appreciated as its otherwise a great car.It had a new clutch/fly wheel in 09,so the history says ! Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Check the track rod ends and inner tie rods also look for play in the strut top mounts.
The clutch judder sounds like a worn DMF (duel mass flywheel) does the bite point move up and down a little at tick over? Mine got worse until one day I almost stalled it and the dmf bounced from lock stop to lock stop it sounded like the bottom end had gone :eek:
ABS/ESP light will probably be rust in the sensor holes if you search on here there is a guide I think to sort it :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts