Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 1.6 GT turbo, a suspension knock when near side wheel drops into a manhole or similar. I suspect it's the strut. Has anyone had similar experience and how could I confirm my suspicions? I've checked all the suspension joints and drop links for play and there is none.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

I pretty sure it's a broken strut now. How difficult is it to remove? Is it possible to verify whether or not the strut is broken without removing it? Presumably I might be able to do this by just compressing the spring and then checking for movement on strut itself. Any thoughts much appreciated.

C

·
0 Posts
I pretty sure it's a broken strut now. How difficult is it to remove? Is it possible to verify whether or not the strut is broken without removing it? Presumably I might be able to do this by just compressing the spring and then checking for movement on strut itself. Any thoughts much appreciated.
Zed1

A strut is not that difficult to remove but make sure you have some wd40 and decent tools and this area get lots of abuse from the road and weather etc. Before you swap anything run it into your local kwik fit or national tyres etc explain the knock and ask them to look and give u a price for repair. If u are confident you can complete the repair they have quoted u for make your excuses about being cash strapped etc and leave go home and repair on your drive. Slightly naughty I know but dropping them some choc biscuits every now and then Eliminates the guilty felling very quickly :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts