Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always ran my last car on Tesco Momentum 99. It was remapped to 305bhp and was running that when mapped. Its also near my work so easy for fill ups.

Been running the PUG on shell fuel save as don't think I'll see any benefit form the 99ron.

The Shell isn't as easy to get, so today I put a tank of momentum in and might keep doing so as its the same price as the Shell. Not expecting power gains, but is supermarket stuff bad for these engines?

Do you run premium fuel? Supermarket basic fuel? Or stick to big brands?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I always use supermarket fuel, usually Asda, and have never had any problems with it

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's already been posts about this already but I'll say it again ? I know a guy, who knows a guy that works delivering fuel to fuel stations. He swears that its all the same fuel, coming from the same place. To answer your question, I use supermarket fuel as from what I have heard, its the same as the other stations fuel. I'm not 100% on board this theory as premium fuel, has more additives. However, as for the big branded fuels, I believe they're the same as supermarkets ?

·
6,244 Posts
They use the same base fuel from distribution depots and add an additive pack to the contents for the different companies/grades other than V-Power Diesel which has a unique GTL (Gas to Liquid) formulation

·
Registered
851 Posts
They use the same base fuel from distribution depots and add an additive pack to the contents for the different companies/grades other than V-Power Diesel which has a unique GTL (Gas to Liquid) formulation
That GTL is only for the engine oils, not diesel.

There are only a handful of refineries in the UK. So yes, the base stuff is all the same. It's the additive package that's different although it's more of an issue in diesels, not the petrols.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That GTL is only for the engine oils, not diesel.

There are only a handful of refineries in the UK. So yes, the base stuff is all the same. It's the additive package that's different although it's more of an issue in diesels, not the petrols.

No its for Diesel fuel also, a proportion of V power Diesel is GTL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts