Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided it would be a good idea to give the car an oil change went to refit the plug noticed the sump had two hairline cracks along the thread i knew as soon as i looked at it it was going to leak got another on order how hard is it to change the sump a mechanic friend has told me that i may have to split the gearbox as it heas two bolts running into it from inside the gearbox is this true and how much of a nighmare is to change any help will be apreciated many thanks.

·
Registered
909 Posts
someone should be able to look on service box for you and let you know. Or when the new sump arrives you can have a look at it and work out where the bolts go.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Dont take this as gospel as it comes from Haynes, remove belt and unbolt the AC compressor, remove any attached hoses and sensors, progressivly remove sump bolts and store in a cardboard template as they are of varying lengths. Hit the sump with a block and remove. You know it is never going to be this easy as the pics show a brand new engine on the bench! Some have gaskets, some don't.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i could look at the new one but its just nice to have a bit of an idea before i start and any tips off anyone who has removed one before one would be great

·
Registered
14,551 Posts
I removed 1 today :)
It was already out the car mind you as it was a dead engine I was stripping for parts but the sump is relatively easy to remove aircon pump as mentioned and lower boost pipe will need to come off but no hidden bolts just a bit awkward to get at a few.

NO GASKET only sealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts