Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Was just under the car about to change the oil and found the Sump Bolt is a hex type,

Can anyone let me know what size it is so I can go out and grab one tomorrow.

P

·
0 Posts
Not sure on exact size, but nip into Peugeot and they will give you correct one, cost me couple quid.

·
Registered
496 Posts
If the sump plug has a square internal socket then it's usually 8mm (was on my wife's 206) I find it easier to use that than the external fitting as these easily wear, better leverage from the internal one in my opinion. A square 8mm male socket can be bought from Halfords

·
Registered
274 Posts
Probably about a 6mm or an 8mm Allen key!!

Or a 17mm, 19mm or mines a 21mm external size for a spanner!

Use a spanner mate, as long as you make sure your on the sump bung evenly, one short sharp shock with the palm of your hand should crack it off and then with a bit of common sense you should be able to just hand tighten it back up with a new washer and then just another short sharp palm again to nip it right up!! Using Allen keys, unless you get the long type is always gonna require something on the end of it for the extra leverage required to car I it undone!!

Mechanic since '98 and had a wealth of experience in servicing for 4-5 years solidly, trust me, just use a spanner!!

307dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts