Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive been advised my sump is cracked and needs replacing. ive got someone to replace it as long as i supply it. im looking at 2nd hand ones which seem to be scarce. the trouble is i dont know if i need an alloy or steel sump. i think it may be linked to whether their is a/c or not, my 406 is a 1999 1.9 lx dt with a/c. thanks in advance for any help, im not too clued up on these things!:confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
smurfio said:
hi, ive been advised my sump is cracked and needs replacing. ive got someone to replace it as long as i supply it. im looking at 2nd hand ones which seem to be scarce. the trouble is i dont know if i need an alloy or steel sump. i think it may be linked to whether their is a/c or not, my 406 is a 1999 1.9 lx dt with a/c. thanks in advance for any help, im not too clued up on these things!:confused:
You're right! The steel ones are non a/c and the alloy ones are on cars with a/c because the mounting holes for the a/c pump are moulded onto the sump itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.