Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum, and this is my 1st forum too. So please be tolerant with me.
I am looking for a suitable diagnostic tool to access the DTC’s on my Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 Hdi (110) on 05 plate (purchased new July 2005). I have 2 engine ‘MIL’ lamps lit on the instrument cluster panel, and 2 DPF warnings (+ beeps) on start-up showing on the central warning display, 1 regarding potential DPF blockage and 1 regarding faulty DPF system.
I have tried accessing the diagnostic codes using a ‘Launch CReader V’ diagnostic tool which won’t connect to the vehicles CAN system -- comes up with communication error during scanning. I have put a scope across the 16Way diagnostics plug (correct pins) and can see CAN activity. However the diagnostic tool can’t read it. I have assumed that this was ISO compliant being 2005 vehicle. The CAN signal seems to be an odd speed too.
Anyway, to avoid purchasing new tools that may not work, can anyone suggest a cheap & compatible diagnostic tool / software that would allow me to access the CANbus on this particular vehicle and establish the fault codes. I have noticed on reviewing some tools and previous threads that there are warnings that some 2005 307’s do not fully comply with the EOBD standard – is this true too?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

R

·
0 Posts
cheap no nothing about peugeots are cheap.this what you need and is also the one myself and others have used.his name is jim if you go direct to him and mention your from peugeot forums youll get a bit knocked off the price.
SHOP - easydiagnostics :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
diagnostics

Hi just wondering whats the best diagnostic machine is best for my peugeot 307 1.6 hdi.i was thinking about planet pp2000 does that do everything like reprogram the bsi and ecu

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
... does that do everything like reprogram the bsi and ecu
It does reconfigure the BSI if peripherals are changed, e.g. a CD changer added. It does not "virginise" a BSI so that it can be used in another vehicle - that requires special tools and technique which the pros do not generally share.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Hi just wondering whats the best diagnostic machine is best for my peugeot 307 1.6 hdi.i was thinking about planet pp2000 does that do everything like reprogram the bsi and ecu
Yes - PP2000 or Diagbox can program the ECU's.

I visited a member Last night (Friday 4th Dec) to try and figure out why his 307 wouldn't start. First thing I found was the BSI was corrupt. The vin was showing as all illegal characters. ECU's that were fitted were marked as absent while some ECU's that weren't fitted were marked as being present. It was programmed as a diesel even though the car is a petrol engine motor.

Spent a bit of time reprogramming the BSI and checking other ECU's and correcting corrupt data. Once it was all set correctly I reconnected the diagnostics and found out that the BSI had lost the key codes. ECU locked with 0 keys programmed which would be the reason for it not starting. Once he gets the PIN for programming the key I'll go back to program it and hopefully it will start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts