Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a used 307 (2007 stc) a couple of months ago and it drove very well in the beginning. However, ever since I got a hook attached to the car I have experienced strange incidents where during driving suddenly there is no reaction to pushing the gas pedal. The motor is still running and everything else seems to work!

Turning off power completely for a few seconds and restarting the engine usually make it work again after one or two attempts.

There are no other issues and nothing shown in the display to give an idea what this is about.

I tend to think of a some kind of electrical error, since it began after attaching the hook and corresponding electrical components for lights etc.
The mechanic performing this had difficulty making the lights work properly but he eventually solved it (not sure how).

A tester was connected the day after and it showed a few errors, but he could not clear these with his Bosch tester. We tested the battery and voltage was only 11.5V so I went to replace the battery and thought this was probably the cure. The problem does seem to occur much less frequently after this but today it happened 4-5 times again.

Could uncleared faults be the cause and the solution simply to get them cleared or what should be done?

The faults seen in the tester were (and probably still are):

F98A Central electronics front pos. light RH side
F905 AUX connection error
xxx Communication with central electrical. (cannot see the error code on the screen shot I took)
P0550 Unknown error
P2299 Unknown error
P1536 Brake contact

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Towbar wiring is not correct for canbus type car that's my guess BUT I doubt this is causing the throttle issue
Well, trailer lights worked as they should so not sure if there is anything wrong with the physical connection. Could it be the configuration not done properly with the tester..? I found it strange that this tester could not clear the faults that was later found....

/Jens

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Just because they work does not mean they are correctly connected you stated he had trouble getting them working and you don't know what he done to make them work he MAY have bodged something but as I say I doubt its the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

It happened again today. This time I tried to connect my OBDII adapter to my phone running torque.

I noticed that when it happened there was no change in the "throttle" value when I stepped on the gas pedeal. It stayed at the usual value of approx 20 which I have noted seems to be the normal for the engine at idle speed.

After the usual reset with ignition off/on I checked again the throttle values in Torque:

When the engine is off the value is around 9 (why not 0) ?
At engine idle speed the value is around 20.
After the "reset" and the gas pedal is working again the throttle value only goes to max 27 (no load on engine).

Are these value normal or do they indicate any issues?

BR Jens

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the problem may have been solved. I accidently discovered that the brake light was activated not only by a very light push on the brake pedal but also by a hard push on the clutch. After adjusting the brake pedal switch so it does not activate so fast and easily the problem seems to be gone.

BR Jens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts