Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there I've got an issue with music files not being read by the Smeg open the file and it shows the tracks and skips through without playing.
Very odd I have plugged in the Usb to my Samsung galaxy 7 and the files are fine
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello there I've got an issue with music files not being read by the Smeg open the file and it shows the tracks and skips through without playing.
Very odd I have plugged in the Usb to my Samsung galaxy 7 and the files are fine
Any help would be appreciated.
I've come to conclusion, using various USB sticks and MP3s from various sources, that SMEG is a pretty sensitive unit, meaning it will do exactly what you describe, and some other things - not show some tracks at all, others it will start playing and after some random time (say 20s) it'll skip to the next, etc.

It's about quality of MP3, so maybe try finding a (freeware) MP3 conversion software, and run all the MP3s you need to have in your car through it, changing something unimportant, which will force the reencoding of MP3s and probably fix whatever little errors there are that SMEG can't swallow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried loading up to the jukebox did exactly that same.
Had the system updated when it went in for a recall last month

·
Registered
110 Posts
I tell you, it's the MP3 quality and SMEG being a crybaby. I had 5 albums from an old band I used to like as a kid, and it played fine on my Macbook, on my PC, even on my daughter's tablet and my iPhone. All well and without any problems. Variable bitrate, 44kHz, just a normal MP3 files. When I copied them to USB stick (with a lot of other MP3s that played fine on SMEG), out of 50 songs only 3 played, others were shown but SMEG just skipped them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had this problem before. You may want to look at the size of your Album Art on the MP3 tracks. If its any larger than 600 X 600 pixels the track will be skipped.
Also get rid of any "special" characters in the file names.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts