Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
So far we've been very happy with our 2004 2.0 Hdi 90PS 406 estate.

Sorry if my problem is explained elsewhere in forum, but I could not find anything.
Lately, the car has begun stuttering while driving normal.
The engine doesn't seem to be able to hold a constant rev when cruising with an rpm of 1400 - 2000. It looses power for a tenth of a second and goes back and forth making the engine shake a little. Gearbox shakes a little to.
To overcome this I give more throttle or let go of the throttle and then gently give more throttle.

Other post's talk about MAF and turbo issues, but ours does not have a turbo. Maybe it's EGR? Can I remove a fuse or something to test if it is the EGR?

Any ideas? Will this show in diagnostics?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi everybody.
So far we've been very happy with our 2004 2.0 Hdi 90PS 406 estate.

Sorry if my problem is explained elsewhere in forum, but I could not find anything.
Lately, the car has begun stuttering while driving normal.
The engine doesn't seem to be able to hold a constant rev when cruising with an rpm of 1400 - 2000. It looses power for a tenth of a second and goes back and forth making the engine shake a little. Gearbox shakes a little to.
To overcome this I give more throttle or let go of the throttle and then gently give more throttle.

Other post's talk about MAF and turbo issues, but ours does not have a turbo. Maybe it's EGR? Can I remove a fuse or something to test if it is the EGR?

Any ideas? Will this show in diagnostics?
Your car does have a turbo and yes it could be the egr

All hdi engines have a turbo and 2.0 90 it on the back of the engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts