Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, basically I have came back to Peugeot after not having too much luck with Volksagen (had drove Peugeots all my life before buying a Bora a year ago and had nothing only bad luck with it.) Anyways, I'm in Northern Ireland and was after a 2.0 hdi xsi 307 136bhp, they're like hen's teeth over here so I travelled over to the mainland to buy one in Nottingham.

Now I've got it back home is seem to be stuttering between 1500-2000 rpm but I only really notice is in first and second gear. The odd time I will notice it in third.

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what the problem is. I've done some googling and it seems to be something to do with EGR? I had a lot of trouble with the EGR on my Bora. Haven't really even looked under the bonnet yet to see where the EGR is on my 307 so could someone tell me where it is also?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just tried disconnecting the MAF sensor and it was working fine. Put it back on and stuttering again.

J

·
0 Posts
Assuming the 307 2.0HDI 136bhp is the same one as what is in the 407, then....

1) take the plastic cover off the top of the engine
2) on the air intake manifold on front of the engine, you will see a small metal pipe coming in on the right
3) trace this backwards, and you will come to the EGR valve (back right hand side of engine)
4) the other side of the EGR follows along behind the engine

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
No you need a Lexia 3 interface , i have one left £120 posted if thats anygood to you.
What's the best you would do collected (I'm assuming your close to me)?

EDIT: Just seen from your sig your in Ballycastle. Bit far from me (I'm in Lurgan). Are the ebay ones any good as trying to save some money as a bit low on funds at the minute.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also get a 'dead spot' around the 1200-1500 rpm mark (407 2.0 HDI 136). It is noticable in the lower gears. If you hold the revs at that point, the car is all jerky. If you accelerate through it, it is hardly noticable.

What causes it??!??!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exact same problem mate, I've done a lot of googling and seems to be either EGR related or turbo repeat sensor but can't say on mine until I get one of these cables.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My mate Davey of Torquetronix just DPF off a 307 136bhp last night and it then mapped to a respectable 183bhp .:nod:
Hi Betty - you seem to be the guru on here !! :cool:

I've had the DPF fault a couple of times now - Does removing the DPF (I've read by drilling a large hole in it and remapping) cause any issues? Does the car still pass MOT ok like this?

And whats an average price for having someone do this? (407 2.0 HDI '54)

J

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hi Betty - you seem to be the guru on here !! :cool:

I've had the DPF fault a couple of times now - Does removing the DPF (I've read by drilling a large hole in it and remapping) cause any issues? Does the car still pass MOT ok like this?

And whats an average price for having someone do this? (407 2.0 HDI '54)
Around £150 just DPF off , or with remap up to £400.

Have dealt a few times with them , a couple of times had interfaces that didn`t work but they do replace it just takes a long time , i still have one i tested £120 posted to UK if anyones interested.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts