Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too familiar with how the fuel cap sensor/ additive system works, can someone please enlighten me? For instance, how does the fuel cap sensor work? I.E how does it know when to and by what method does it use to tell the car to inject the additive just by opening it? Is there a sensor in the cap itself or does it all work on pressure readings? Would a wrong (e.g. cheap generic or stuffed rag) or badly fitting fuel cap affect this system? If I kept opening and closing the fuel cap without adding fuel, would it still squirt a certain amount of additive in each time? Is the additive (quantity) released in direct ratio to the amount of fuel put in or just a fixed amount each time? I'm thinking if its a standard amount then frequent fill ups of a small quantity say 10 litres each time would result in a stronger mix and a cleaner DPF but quicker emptying of additive tank yes?

Yes its a stupid question but the manual tells me nowt.

Regards

Wayne

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Most models have magnets in the cap that tell the car to add eloys when it is opened. The 407 coupe has a button that releases the fuel flap and that tells the car the same thing. It's better to fuel up with more fuel less frequently to get the most from your eloys tank.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most models have magnets in the cap that tell the car to add eloys when it is opened. The 407 coupe has a button that releases the fuel flap and that tells the car the same thing. It's better to fuel up with more fuel less frequently to get the most from your eloys tank.
So, if the fuel cap was the wrong type I.E without a magnet (on a none coupe version) then its safe to assume that the additive system would be dysfunctional and a warning would show on the dash?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts