Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

just felt i should share my experiance with the locking nut.

i just have to say, what a pain in the arse it is to remove one of these.

the last garage must have used a windy gun to put the locking nut back on, after taking all apart for the clutch.... well a quote i seen on the net, and made me laugh

"a windy gun on a locking nut, fucks nuts faster than an unpaid hooker"

it actually held, with me jumping on the wrench (all 80kgs of me)...which leads to another point... what is the wrench made of that comes with the car....chocolate - it bent like mad, so bought a new extendable from ebay for a tenner, and that took the other nuts straight out (with relative ease)

it wasnt the fact the key didnt brake, infact far from it...it was the holes in the nut that the pins go in, started to deform....

why is it peugeot that make locking nuts that general tools from halfords dont fit - laser locking nut removal socket?

so after a while i decided to take it to a garage, after i agreed that they wouldnt be held responsible if the key brakes (which i didnt care) they went all out with a hammer, torque bar, windy gun and the key....

after about 5 mins it came straight off...

now i feel better in fact that if i get a puncture i can replace the wheel straight away without worrying about the locking nut or key snapping..

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah can get a new bolt in, seems as tho the dealer only sells them, for about £1.50 each, not bad really...

·
Registered
535 Posts
I had the same problem with a 407 and a standard wheel nut. I put the wrench that comes with the car on it and couldn't shift it. I then stood on it (a hefty 100Kg) and all that happened was that the wrench slipped off suddenly and I hurt my ankle!

God knows what a small woman would do... probably call a big man...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
done it :lol: seen too many neg comments about the lock nuts to keep them on...and i can tell it will be easier in the future for when i have a puncture and on the side of road, easier and quicker to replace :thumb: instead of being stuck because the locknut or key bust.

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
When I changed from one 307 to another I made the dealer change them to normal ones before I picked it up due to past experience of the buggers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts