Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,:D

Now i had a squeek to begin with on my car but that is down to the exhaust gauze, where it joins at the front to the middle needing a little copper grease...;)

but a new constant higher pitch squeek is audible:mad: ...sounds like it is coming from the rear drivers side, you can here it when travelling at 30 mph and slower, go faster and the sounds disappears and it also goes when i brake...but when i am parked up with the handbrake on and push on the rear drivers side it is audible...

any ideas....?:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is that a wheel off and have a look to see if there is enough clearance for the brake pad and disk

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just as well you said back otherwise i would have just grabbed it, like i did to a soldering iron a while back...didnt hurt coz it was that hot, skin just dripped off :lol: safe to say i learnt my lesson :p

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
cck2k9 said:
just as well you said back otherwise i would have just grabbed it, like i did to a soldering iron a while back...didnt hurt coz it was that hot, skin just dripped off :lol: safe to say i learnt my lesson :p
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried this, went from whitby to boro to gateshead...when i got home touched the brake disc, i vowed never to do that again... all of them felt like they should be glowing, but the squeeking culprit feels slightly hotter...when i get the time off im going to take the wheel off, and check to see if there is enough lubrication on some moving parts and check to see if there is a decent clearances for the brakes and that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts