Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, I have a 2005 307 HDI 9HZ, it has two permanent faults, 1162 and 0489, I have replaced the EGR, still no joy so I presume its the ECU thats the problem, what I can not fathom is that when I start from cold or let it stand for a while, I then get in and drive it goes like a rocket for 4K 0r 5K then goes into limp mode, if the faults are permanent I would expect it to be in limp all the time, temp gauge seems normal. Thanks for your time Ray Scott.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I'm guessing that you used a generic OBDII code reader and some generic readers have been known to return incorrect fault codes. The information I can find for this code is .....
SIRIUS 81 - Exhaust gas recirculation. Coherence / relates to a fuel/air sensor problem.

For the other code I found this generic info

P0489
The Engine Control Module (ECM) does not detect voltage on the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Solenoid circuit.

- Faulty Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Solenoid
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stumped

Thanks Storeman, Its a Planet 2000 I am using but could be a Chinese version, dont know, also is there wiring diagrams for the ERG on this model. Thanks for your prompt reply Ray Scott

·
Registered
241 Posts
The EGRs are really odd on those, I've had a few customers who have replaced them yet still get the problem, even after 'learning' the valve in with PP2000.

The only way to get rid of it is to fit a blanking plate and then get a proper EGR delete through a remap.

It's actually a really complicated EGR delete especially if the solenoid is giving faults like that, let me know if you need any help. [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi HDI Tuning, I have installed a blanking plate, now how do I do a remap. Your advice would be most appreciated. Ray Scott.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Drop me an email, [email protected]

You NEED to use BDM100 direct to the ECU board, ignore the internet if it says you can use MPPS via OBD, it will go wrong.

Basically get a BDM tool, then get a read of the ECU and send it to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts